Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (2 Viewers)

I think everybody behind us looking for an OT will be targeting Denver/Vegas at 12 & 13 to jump ahead of Saints especially in the scenario Chargers/Titans/Jets go OT. I'd be OK with a move up to #12 with Denver if need be even if a mid rounder next year is needed to make it happen.
LV also needs an OT, so they could also be one of the teams looking to move up.

We have so many swing and misses with Oline and Dline picks in round 1. Its starting show when we try to draft someone to replace another 1st round pick from the last 3-4 years

Where is the source for this? Or, is just your opinion? I know it was stated by DA/Loomis that he was not healing as fast, but thats a long way away from retirement.

Nick Underhill. Nick didn't say he's certain to retire. But he did say he has lost a lot of weight and he thinks it's likely he is going to retire and indicated that it seems like the only reason he isn't retiring this year is because he wants to help the team by waiting until next year when they can spread the cap hit of this retirement better.

It's been 7 years since he drafted us a bona fide league-recognized star.
Adebo and Olave didn’t die. They’re bona fide stars drafted in the last 2-3 years. Top 5 coverage (PRA, TDA, FIs, PBUs) in 2023; back to back 1000 rec yard seasons to begin NFL career and #s still rising. Olave is the Saints best offensive player.

Also McCoy and CJGJ from 2019. McCoy was graded as the NFL’s best run blocker in 2023. CJ led the league in INTs in ‘22 in 12 gms. Did it on another team post trade but still a Loomis pick. Half of the 2017 class haven’t been stars since ‘21.

Smartest man in the league many years ago

ezgif-5-3fddc51ede.gif

It's been 7 years since he drafted us a bona fide league-recognized star.

If you need to suppress your ego and pick a lineman, just do it. No mediocre wheeling-dealing this time please.
Olave (2022) received rookie of the year votes, You could make an argument for Alonte Taylor(2022) and Paulson Adebo (2021). Eric Mccoy (2019) is a pro-bowler. I would argue Ceedy Deuce (2019) is a league recognized star.

Most teams don't draft a "bona fide league-recognized star" every year.

The talk of moving up is crazy to me. We are in need of more than an OT. So trading a future 1 or 2 does not make sense. We are a possible DA collapse from having top 10 pick next year. I believe the top 3 will go as mocked. So the pipe dream of a good QB falling to us is just that. 2017 we let round 1-2 come to us. I am not opposed to using future 3-7 round picks to maneuver but My desire is to stay put let it fall and see what is there in 3-5.

My current thoughts on the roster are that we are not in the place to say we must have this one guy and mortgage more of the future(via what will be cheap draft assets) to shore up a position this year. Let the draft come to us. Take BPA regardless.

The talk of moving up is crazy to me. We are in need of more than an OT. So trading a future 1 or 2 does not make sense. We are a possible DA collapse from having top 10 pick next year. I believe the top 3 will go as mocked. So the pipe dream of a good QB falling to us is just that. 2017 we let round 1-2 come to us. I am not opposed to using future 3-7 round picks to maneuver but My desire is to stay put let it fall and see what is there in 3-5.

My current thoughts on the roster are that we are not in the place to say we must have this one guy and mortgage more of the future(via what will be cheap draft assets) to shore up a position this year. Let the draft come to us. Take BPA regardless.
a other reason im good with moving bck

Sure, but if they think Alt is an elite LT, and he may be the best player in the draft after Williams, JD5, Maye, Nabers, Odunze. So if they think he's that good and the cost isn't too high, it makes sense to get him. I mean, if you trade up for a guy it's highly likely you have him rated at BPA at that spot otherwise you would not have traded up.

This also applies if they think there is a franchise QB. But, I would not trade up for other players in this draft.

Olave (2022) received rookie of the year votes, You could make an argument for Alonte Taylor(2022) and Paulson Adebo (2021). Eric Mccoy (2019) is a pro-bowler. I would argue Ceedy Deuce (2019) is a league recognized star.

You mean the "bona fide league-recognized star" that is playing for the 4th different team since he was drafted? (back @ Philly again, after being let go last year)
That star?

You mean the "bona fide league-recognized star" that is playing for the 4th different team since he was drafted? (back @ Philly again, after being let go last year)
That star?

I think he means the kind of star that no matter how huge of a locker room problem he is, teams continue to sign because he is that good on the field.

Yep. Teams generally aren’t expecting to draft superstars. Viable starters are the goal, superstars are the lotto dream, especially if you’re talking non-top 10 picks.

Feels like there were rumblings of Olave, Penning (2 years ago) and Breese (last year) way before draft.

Not sure if I'm more scared about no rumblings or optimistic we may actually stand pat, and just take what falls. Here's hoping we don't take 3rd round value at #14.

Well... there goes next year's 1st round pick. Wonder what we're gonna do at #45?
Give up the 2026 1 to move up to 44 and draft an edge from Shady Pines Tech.

Jk lol.

If we move up for an OT I hope it's Alt.

I think he means the kind of star that no matter how huge of a locker room problem he is, teams continue to sign because he is that good on the field.
"Some" quality/play never trumps attitude/injury!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom