Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (4 Viewers)

Sure, but if they think Alt is an elite LT, and he may be the best player in the draft after Williams, JD5, Maye, Nabers, Odunze. So if they think he's that good and the cost isn't too high, it makes sense to get him. I mean, if you trade up for a guy it's highly likely you have him rated at BPA at that spot otherwise you would not have traded up.

This also applies if they think there is a franchise QB. But, I would not trade up for other players in this draft.

But I Don't have to like it :meh32:

Nick said they could get to #10 with the Jets by trading #14 and #45 and get back #10 and #72. But I agree they have no business trading a future 1st or 2nd round pick. They should take what is there at #14 or trade back a little. But, you know they love to trade up.
Loomis also said they figured moving any higher than #8 was too expensive. I'm paraphrasing but that's what I took away.

It just feels like we will make a trade with Denver for their 1st round pick…..

Loomis also said they figured moving any higher than #8 was too expensive. I'm paraphrasing but that's what I took away.

Yep that's what he implied. Basically said he thought they could move up as high as #8 and would not trade back lower than #20.

If the Saints are inclined to move down. Hope that Ramcyzk can play part of the year. Resign Peat and move Penning to guard. They can still find a RT later in the 1st.
Ram is done I'm afraid. Full contact will put him down for good. Stinks but he needs to hang it up

If the Saints are inclined to move down. Hope that Ramcyzk can play part of the year. Resign Peat and move Penning to guard. They can still find a RT later in the 1st.

Underhill said Ram's had a noticeable amount of weight loss. Pretty big posturing by Nick to prep everyone for the inevitable retirement announcement before camp.

The Saints are not a good football team, a tackle won't fix that. Trading up would be myopic to say the least. The NFL is full of very solid tackles being taken later in the first round and beyond. The one time it truly worked was trading Pat Swilling and taking Willie Roaf with that pick. This season though there are so many great tackles available that I pray they do not trade future assets to move up when this team is bereft of young talent.

Underhill said Ram's had a noticeable amount of weight loss. Pretty big posturing by Nick to prep everyone for the inevitable retirement announcement before camp.
You’ll see the Saints sign at least one lineman after the draft. Personally I’m hoping for Becton. Think he’d be very good on the right side with the right motivation

The Saints are not a good football team, a tackle won't fix that. Trading up would be myopic to say the least. The NFL is full of very solid tackles being taken later in the first round and beyond. The one time it truly worked was trading Pat Swilling and taking Willie Roaf with that pick. This season though there are so many great tackles available that I pray they do not trade future assets to move up when this team is bereft of young talent.
Just take a look at the 49’ers OL. They only have a 2nd, 3rd, and two 5th rounders spent on 3 starters, and the other 2 were low budget FA signings.

Just take a look at the 49’ers OL. They only have a 2nd, 3rd, and two 5th rounders spent on 3 starters, and the other 2 were low budget FA signings.
what if thats our plan..young, penning, ruiz, salvidari,etc...then spend our picks on some studs at other positions?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom