Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (4 Viewers)

I think I'd rather role the dice on the guy from Yale later, also look at getting a guard.

Earlier rounds, I would go with a stud at another position.

I think I'd rather role the dice on the guy from Yale later, also look at getting a guard.

Earlier rounds, I would go with a stud at another position.

I'm not sure the Yale guy will be there in the 4th or 5th especially given the rumors teams are looking to trade up for OTs.

I really like this OT class because I think there's a lot of quality first round depth. However, I don't think any of them are elite, blue chip prospects. I'd be disappointed if the Saints used significant resources to move up for that position this year.

I could see teams in the back end of the draft trying to get in the 10-20 range for one of the tackles but not top 10.

I really like this OT class because I think there's a lot of quality first round depth. However, I don't think any of them are elite, blue chip prospects. I'd be disappointed if the Saints used significant resources to move up for that position this year.

I could see teams in the back end of the draft trying to get in the 10-20 range for one of the tackles but not top 10.

I think Alt is elite and Faushanu could be elite.

I think everybody behind us looking for an OT will be targeting Denver/Vegas at 12 & 13 to jump ahead of Saints especially in the scenario Chargers/Titans/Jets go OT. I'd be OK with a move up to #12 with Denver if need be even if a mid rounder next year is needed to make it happen.

I think Alt is elite and Faushanu could be elite.
I think Alt will be in the NFL for a long time but I think he's more Mike McGlinchey (who went top 10) than elite. He's 6'-9" and doesn't bend very well. I think that limits his ceiling.

I'm also frequently wrong ;-)

If we’re serious about a soft(ish) rebuild like Loomis is indicating, I’m not sure we trade next year’s first (esp if there’s some chance it’s a top 10 pick)
I don't disagree at all. But I also don't trust things indicated by Loomis, nor do I trust the organization to not just "keep doing what we're doing".

I can easily see us targeting a specific player and believing we have to move up to get that player. It's what we've done "most of the time" in recent drafts. I can't see us giving up the only other top 100 pick we have in this draft to move up, but I can see us packaging next year's first with this years and moving up a few spots.

For a team that isn't looking to draft a QB, WR, or OT... I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be willing to move down a few spots and have two #1's next season. Especially given that we're not expected to be a great team in 2024 and our 2025 1st could very well end up being a top 15 pick if not higher.

I didn't and don't disagree. I'd bet that Carr would beat out any rookie QB. But that doesn't mean you don't take a shot at a franchise QB if you think one is in your range this year. You never know when you get another chance to get one.
We are on the same page for sure.

I think Alt will be in the NFL for a long time but I think he's more Mike McGlinchey (who went top 10) than elite. He's 6'-9" and doesn't bend very well. I think that limits his ceiling.

I'm also frequently wrong ;-)

That's totally fair. I'm often wrong about this stuff to. I just think those two guys could be elite so I could see moving up a bit for one of them, but not the others. But, that's my very amateur opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
Ram is done.
He's already dropping weight and the only reason he's still here is for contract/cap purposes.
He'll retire next year.
Where is the source for this? Or, is just your opinion? I know it was stated by DA/Loomis that he was not healing as fast, but thats a long way away from retirement.

Even if he’s running for his life or flat on his back like Carr? If he can’t stay upright I don’t see how all the youth and athleticism helps him succeed. Not digging your response, just asking
An elite QB can help an offensive line by making quick decisions and getting rid of the ball. Drew Brees made his linemen look slightly better than they probably were, not saying he didn't have some studs, but maybe some were more average than really good.

The o-line was really disappointing last year, but Carr didn't exactly help his guys out a lot of the time either. Play selection by Carmichael only compounded those problems. Notice Carr played way better when they used more play action and roll outs

It also sees like after the first 4/5 OT’s the rest all have major questions, whether it’s injury history, level of collegiate play, or if they’re a better fit at OG. I see the talent level at WR around pick 45 as far greater, and with a variety of skill sets. Fit also matters, as we’re switching to a zone blocking scheme, so that further narrows out our options with OL picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom