Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (2 Viewers)

Yep. If we have a QB identified as a must have, do whatever you have to do to get him (within reason of course), and worry about the consequences later.

If, for instance, they love McCarthy and he falls to #8 to #10, I'd have no problem doing what it takes to get him, even if it means not getting a starting OT this year. A franchise QB changes everything.

Smartest man in the league many years ago

ezgif-5-3fddc51ede.gif

It's been 7 years since he drafted us a bona fide league-recognized star.

If you need to suppress your ego and pick a lineman, just do it. No mediocre wheeling-dealing this time please.

So, now, instead of taking a tackle at #14, Loomis will give up assets to move up to take the same player he could have selected at #14. BRILLIANT!
just like what happened with olave. they traded with the eagles thinking we would get a top 4 wr there then we were forced to move up to get one. cost us another pick

If, for instance, they love McCarthy and he falls to #8 to #10, I'd have no problem doing what it takes to get him, even if it means not getting a starting OT this year. A franchise QB changes everything.
Even if he’s running for his life or flat on his back like Carr? If he can’t stay upright I don’t see how all the youth and athleticism helps him succeed. Not digging your response, just asking

here we go

Attachments

• F7E09EC1-D207-44CD-BDEC-1C99EE8DE63F.jpeg
    F7E09EC1-D207-44CD-BDEC-1C99EE8DE63F.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 98F72B6B-5081-4008-9477-F50C5C65A688.jpeg
    98F72B6B-5081-4008-9477-F50C5C65A688.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 38EA3C86-EF2F-4D4A-8781-CA71161794C0.jpeg
    38EA3C86-EF2F-4D4A-8781-CA71161794C0.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 37
Even if he’s running for his life or flat on his back like Carr? If he can’t stay upright I don’t see how all the youth and athleticism helps him succeed. Not digging your response, just asking

More or less, yes. I do think if you do that you go out and sign Peat and/or Becton to at least have serviceable OTs, but yes almost anything is worth it for a franchise QB. And, maybe you put Carr out there to get killed this year and give the rookie time to sit and learn while not getting hit and put Haener in if Carr gets killed. A franchise QB is about the next 10 to 15 years, not this year and maybe not even next year.

More or less, yes. I do think if you do that you go out and sign Peat and/or Becton to at least have serviceable OTs, but yes almost anything is worth it for a franchise QB. And, maybe you put Carr out there to get killed this year and give the rookie time to sit and learn while not getting hit and put Haener in if Carr gets killed. A franchise QB is about the next 10 to 15 years, not this year and maybe not even next year.
They are playing Carr this year at QB no matter who they draft, you can bank that 100%. Daniels could fall in range and we are still starting Carr this year.

They are playing Carr this year at QB no matter who they draft, you can bank that 100%. Daniels could fall in range and we are still starting Carr this year.

I didn't and don't disagree. I'd bet that Carr would beat out any rookie QB. But that doesn't mean you don't take a shot at a franchise QB if you think one is in your range this year. You never know when you get another chance to get one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom