Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (1 Viewer)

I guarantee you that in 2 years you will have 4 or 5 starting OTs taken after the 3rd round, maybe more. This is a bumper crop of OTs this year and getting nervous about drafting one is ridiculous. Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.
After all the 'OL need' smoke coming from the Saints, I now honestly believe we're taking one later. Either that or it's an incredibly overplayed double bluff.

After all the 'OL need' smoke coming from the Saints, I now honestly believe we're taking one later. Either that or it's an incredibly overplayed double bluff.
Something stinks about all of this

I just hope Loomis doesn’t do anything stupid and picks BPA.

I honestly don't think it's smoke that the Saints need guys on the OL and at OT in particular. But, they could decide to take one later if the right player isn't there at #14 or a better player is there.

What I kind of suspect is smoke is the stuff about everyone wanting to trade up for an OT. That doesn't make sense when there appears to be depth at the position and I kind of think it might be the teams that might want QBs (Denver, Minnesota, Raiders, and Seahawks) spreading it in hopes that it pushes QBs down to them.

I honestly don't think it's smoke that the Saints need guys on the OL and at OT in particular. But, they could decide to take one later if the right player isn't there at #14 or a better player is there.

What I kind of suspect is smoke is the stuff about everyone wanting to trade up for an OT. That doesn't make sense when there appears to be depth at the position and I kind of think it might be the teams that might want QBs (Denver, Minnesota, Raiders, and Seahawks) spreading it in hopes that it pushes QBs down to them.

I’ve see Fuaga, Fautanu, and Latham all get the “G/T” designation by some. Each for their own reason. Mims and Guyton have their own question marks. I’ve seen the top 2-7 in different orders for pundits. I worry some teams will see a tier of Alt and no consensus on the next 1-2 OTs. That could have teams moving up for “their guy”.

I’ve see Fuaga, Fautanu, and Latham all get the “G/T” designation by some. Each for their own reason. Mims and Guyton have their own question marks. I’ve seen the top 2-7 in different orders for pundits. I worry some teams will see a tier of Alt and no consensus on the next 1-2 OTs. That could have teams moving up for “their guy”.

Certainly could be the case. But, it seems like there is a lot of interest in about 6 QBs and teams that need QBs that may need to trade up to get them unless they get teams to trade up for OTs. And while all the OTs except maybe Alt have their issues there are probably at least 6 guys that should stick at OT in the NFL unless you happen to have an elite OT ahead of them.

Would not surprise me one Bit if Loomis dangles Lattimore & that #14 pick as trade bait to move up tomorrow night during draft. This would be a typical Loomis boneheaded move.

Would not surprise me one Bit if Loomis dangles Lattimore & that #14 pick as trade bait to move up tomorrow night during draft. This would be a typical Loomis boneheaded move.
For a QB, yes. All for it. For oline, hell no. We have enough 1st rounders taking up space on the oline. Really need a coach that can get the most out of what we have. Go oline later in the draft.

We're you watching the PFF live stream too? :)

It still blows my mind that DA was so transparent with Rams status RIGHT before the draft. I know there's a lot of DA hate that is just piling on, but unless it's some genius smokescreen to get a weapon they covet to drop, that was just unbelievably stupid.

Maybe they think Brock Bowers is a generational talent, and they plan on taking tackles in the second and fourth. And they’ll grab a WR in the third.

Last edited:
So Loomis is trading next years #1 to move up 5 spots and drafting Mims, who'll go directly to IR?

New theory.

Smoke: Saints need an OT early and are actively trying to trade up for one.

Reality: Saints want to trade up for someone else entirely and don't want to compete with other teams for said player. Other teams know the Saints are making calls but will relax, thinking "That's ok, they just want an OT and we don't. No need to get ahead of them wherever they land in the draft order." And then, Yoink! Loomis stuns us all with a DT/CB/DE pick instead...

Is it draft day yet?

Where is the source for this? Or, is just your opinion? I know it was stated by DA/Loomis that he was not healing as fast, but thats a long way away from retirement.
They Never should have given him a second contract. What kind of clowns gave them a medical opinion about the future of his degenerative knee. There is no treatment that works.

I've read/watched reports this off-season about how the tackle position is weak for many NFL teams.
If true, teams scrambling to get a tackle makes a lot of sense.

I don't have any articles to back this up.
I watch and read so much about the NFL, I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for that info.

I've read/watched reports this off-season about how the tackle position is weak for many NFL teams.
If true, teams scrambling to get a tackle makes a lot of sense.

I don't have any articles to back this up.
I watch and read so much about the NFL, I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for that info.
I think it's reasonably evident, based on how infrequently good quality starters at OT become available as free agents or via trade, how highly and quickly they are then signed on those rare occasions, and how highly teams tend to draft the big guys every April.

Look at the price (trade and contract) the Niners gave up to acquire Trent Williams. And only after a prolonged period of Williams refusing to stay in Washington forced the Commanders into considering trading him. And yet, the Niners would tell you he was worth every penny and draft pick they gave up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom