Per Underhill, Saints were about to trade down with the Rams in round 1… (2 Viewers)

Probably I'm in the minority, but if Vegas had taken Fuaga, I'd have been fine trading down and letting someone else take Bowers.

We would still have ended up with a quality tackle, and maybe with the ammunition would have moved up further than 41st to take somebody else we had highly rated who had fallen.

According to the story, there was a trade agreement in place for the Saints to trade down if Bowers was still on the board at the Saints pick. When LV Raiders took Bowers, the Rams cancelled the deal.

According to the story, the Saints were going to trade down with Bowers on the board, instead of drafting Bowers.

Yeah... I probably go down to Airline Dr with a can full of gas and a hand full of matches at that point... So probably a good thing LV took him.

Seriously, if they had done that, I likely would have sworn off Saints football until ML and DA were gone... Seriously.

Last edited:
Would have been a pretty good deal probably

Likely trade would have been 14 and 199 for 19, 52, 154, 155
Where did you come up with that? That would have been an overpay by the Rams. We have no way of knowing what was offered.

Refining this a little bit... I think the Saints wanted the picks more than they wanted Bowers.
If I may suggest yet further refinement, the Saints wanted to know how many picks they could get instead of Bowers. The price could have made it worthwhile, or not. That's how negotations work in many cases, after all.

I now see Mr. Mustache will be the Raiders’ QB next season. Serviceable journeyman. Would’ve been nice to have Bowers but let’s be honest — our o-line is still like a home renovation right now. Still plenty of work to be done, even with Fuaga in the fold.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
Yeah... I probably go down to Airline Dr with a can full of gas and a hand full of matches at that point... So probably a good thing LV took him.

Seriously, if they had done that, I my have sworn off Saints football until ML and DA were gone... Seriously.

aqaurobis-dedamovtyan.gif

Did you know the Saints wanted Patrick Mahomes, and they wanted him so bad that they let the Chiefs jump them?

Whatever Nick. Reporting non-reality does little for me.

Did you know I wanted to date Heidi Klum? Instead, I dated and married my wife of 28 years and counting. No ragrets.

The Falcons taking Penix made the Raiders take Bowers, likely instead of Penix. Fortunately, Mickey put his crazy trade pills back into his pocket instead of his mouth and the Saints came away with a solid, no-nonsense draft.
Comedy genius right there! Good stuff

Compare Michael Mayer and Brock Bowers.. people here seems to want Bowers bad but Mayer was hype up very highly last year too.
Laporta, Detroit tight end, the best rookie tight end in a while was picked in the second round. It is very rare to have a tight end picked in the first round to make an impact.

Last edited:
It’s been confirmed by people who were in the room that Mahomes was unsuccessfully targeted. The league-wide opinion on him was very skeptical , so the Saints didn’t feel the need to safeguard against another team jumping up and grabbing him, unfortunately. This is not even disputed anymore.

Yup, it’s pretty much:
“I’m angry”
“About what?”
“I’m not quite sure”
Dennis Allen and co creates a ton of skepticism. The scouting has been off with numerous recent busts. It’s actually been a pretty long time since the Saints have actually landed a difference maker in the draft. Olave has been solid. Difference maker? Not yet. Probably too soon to see with Breese. You really have to go back to 2017. Probably why this isn’t a very good team right now

Dennis Allen and co creates a ton of skepticism. The scouting has been off with numerous recent busts. It’s actually been a pretty long time since the Saints have actually landed a difference maker in the draft. Olave has been solid. Difference maker? Not yet. Probably too soon to see with Breese. You really have to go back to 2017. Probably why this isn’t a very good team right now
Let's not pretend this isn't the same reaction to every draft, including during the Payton years.

while DA certainly doesn't help, he is not the reason for fan irrationality

Not according to draft value trade chart

Pick 14+199= 1112 points

Pick 19,52,154,155= 1110 points

Using logic that’s what was agreed to/offered unless 2025 picks were involved
Your math is off I think. According to the chart 19 and 52 alone 875+380=1255

Rams legit cost to switch places with us in first would be their 3rd round plus a lil sumpn sumpn

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom