Per Underhill, Saints were about to trade down with the Rams in round 1… (1 Viewer)

Would have been a pretty good deal probably

Likely trade would have been 14 and 199 for 19, 52, 154, 155

Edit: 83, not 52

Last edited:
Did you know the Saints wanted Patrick Mahomes, and they wanted him so bad that they let the Chiefs jump them?

Whatever Nick. Reporting non-reality does little for me.

Did you know I wanted to date Heidi Klum? Instead, I dated and married my wife of 28 years and counting. No ragrets.

The Falcons taking Penix made the Raiders take Bowers, likely instead of Penix. Fortunately, Mickey put his crazy trade pills back into his pocket instead of his mouth and the Saints came away with a solid, no-nonsense draft.

I stopped reading when it mentioned us trading down. Thats not what we do, so I don’t believe it
Does that mean you stopped reading at the title of the thread? Or did you read the title, click on the link, then stop reading after this sentence, "The Saints did explore the idea of moving in the draft, and the most serious direction was going down"? Does this mean you don't know the team with which the Saints considered trading down?

Brings me back to this Loomis quote from last season....

"You cant have less draft picks if you trade down and get more draft picks. You see the more draft picks you have, thats more guys you might have to pay, and we cant extend Hoby Brenner to spread out the cap hit if we do that. We have the right guys in the building anyway".

Does that mean you stopped reading at the title of the thread? Or did you read the title, click on the link, then stop reading after this sentence, "The Saints did explore the idea of moving in the draft, and the most serious direction was going down"? Does this mean you don't know the team with which the Saints considered trading down?
I read the article. I just don’t put much weight into something that we just don’t do. Plus, there’s alot of misinformation at draft time. Like the stuff Palmer said about us trying to move up to take Penix. I’m at the point in my life, where I would believe this kind of stuff if a GM comes out and says it.

Last edited:
I read the article. I just don’t put much weight into something that we just don’t do. Plus, there’s alot of misinformation at draft time. Like the stuff Palmer said about us trying to move up to take Penix. I’m at the point in my life, where I would believe this kind of stuff if a GM comes out and say it.
So you didn't stop reading it at all?

So you didn't stop reading it at all?
I guess more that I stopped believing. I read it. It’s plausible but I don’t care if it that did happen bc it didn’t happen. I’m going forward with what did happen. No trade down, we selected a Tackle, he’s part of the team, and it’s time to roll.

jabberwocky & clickbait...

Our number 1 need was OT & the draft fell perfectly inline for us.
It would have been an incredibly dumb move to trade down!

After LV took Bowers 1 pick ahead of us... I would have traded all my picks and moved to Antarctica... So I totally buy this story.
According to the story, there was a trade agreement in place for the Saints to trade down if Bowers was still on the board at the Saints pick. When LV Raiders took Bowers, the Rams cancelled the deal.

According to the story, the Saints were going to trade down with Bowers on the board, instead of drafting Bowers.

According to the story, there was a trade agreement in place for the Saints to trade down if Bowers was still on the board at the Saints pick. When LV Raiders took Bowers, the Rams cancelled the deal.

According to the story, the Saints were going to trade down with Bowers on the board, instead of drafting Bowers.
Everyone probably expected LV was going to be taking Fuaga

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom