Per Underhill, Saints were about to trade down with the Rams in round 1… (1 Viewer)

The
Everyone probably expected LV was going to be taking Fuaga

According to the story, there was a trade agreement in place for the Saints to trade down if Bowers was still on the board at the Saints pick. When LV Raiders took Bowers, the Rams cancelled the deal.

According to the story, the Saints were going to trade down with Bowers on the board, instead of drafting Bowers.

Would have been a pretty good deal probably

Likely trade would have been 14 and 199 for 19, 52, 154, 155
1714418206957.png

If the Raiders had taken Fuaga, and we traded 14 to the Rams for them to get Browers,
In hindsight: Our options at 19 would’ve been not so hot…

We likely would have settled on Troy Fautanu, WASH…
Also available after 19 were: Brian Thomas Jr. fro LSU, Jordan Morgan the OT, ARIZ, Graham Barton an IOL, DUKE, Xavier Worthy WR, TEXAS, and Tyler Guyton the OT from Oklahoma

52 (from LAR) would have allowed:
1714418745303.png

And we probably would not have moved up for Kool-Aid !!!

I like Brock Bowers.
If he turns out to be as good as Travis Kelce, we made the wrong choice. If he turns out to be a solid player, like Kyle Pitts, then we probably made the right choice in this theoretical world…

But thankfully, we didn’t have a choice to make because I don’t think the Raiders would’ve treaded down position !!!

Your math is off I think. According to the chart 19 and 52 alone 875+380=1255

Rams legit cost to switch places with us in first would be their 3rd round plus a lil sumpn sumpn
Don’t know why I put 52, my math was for 83🤦‍♂️😂😂

So 19,83 and those two fifths for 14 and a 6th is what I was supposed to have put

I would have probably been one of the people melting down if we had a chance to pick Bowers but traded down. But in hindsight our draft turned out really well, we filled some needs at good value and didn't trade up much. Trading down may have very well ruined our draft, so thank God that didn't happen.

And seeing us sign Holker after the draft softened the blow of not getting Bowers. I still can't believe Holker was not drafted by anyone. He's got some great tape out there making some awesome catches. Looks like Micky and company tried to screw up this draft but were saved from themselves... Lucky us!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom