Per Underhill, Saints were about to trade down with the Rams in round 1… (2 Viewers)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Until the Raiders took Brock Bowers.

“The Saints did explore the idea of moving in the draft, and the most serious direction was going down. New Orleans spoke with teams about moving out of the 14th pick, and at one point, it looked like the Saints were going to make a trade with the Rams, but it didn't come to fruition.

The Rams were actively trying to move up throughout the night, including into the top 10, but it never happened. Los Angeles dropped out of the talks with the Saints after Brock Bowers got selected and New Orleans got on the clock.”

https://neworleans.football/2024/04/27/saints-nfl-draft-recap

Until the Raiders took Brock Bowers.

“The Saints did explore the idea of moving in the draft, and the most serious direction was going down. New Orleans spoke with teams about moving out of the 14th pick, and at one point, it looked like the Saints were going to make a trade with the Rams, but it didn't come to fruition.

The Rams were actively trying to move up throughout the night, including into the top 10, but it never happened. Los Angeles dropped out of the talks with the Saints after Brock Bowers got selected and New Orleans got on the clock.”

https://neworleans.football/2024/04/27/saints-nfl-draft-recap
This is what I did in my simulations when Fuaga/Fashanu/Alt/Latham were off the board. Trade down and get a different tackle. Bowers might be great but tackle was an emergency.

Fuaga was my number one guy from the beginning. Only reason I would take Alt over Fuaga is he played left tackle, but how this team wants to focus on the run game and Fuaga doesn’t give up sacks makes him golden in this offense. If we win a SB with Fuaga he’s HOF material.

When the Raiders took Bowers I was relieved!

So Loomis did have the urge to sacrifice picks. Lol

aintnoway

They saved us from ourselves if thats true. DA said they weren’t interested in trading up. We would’ve gave up most of our 5th-6ths plus two future 2nd-3rds for nothing, instead of getting the best value where we already were with over 5 remaining picks.

Would’ve been a mostly empty draft with just 1-2 good players like the 2019 and 2020 classes.

Whatcha talking about? Isn't this report about us potentially trading down? How would we have given up most of our picks in that scenario?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom