James Hurst retires (13 Viewers)

Dalton Risner anyone? Played in the system with the Vikings last season.
Ironically his highest grades PFF year was 2021 when KK was OC and he had our current senior O assistant as his OL Coach.

He’s mid as a player tho

There are still plenty of free agent lineman the Saints can sign to fill roles.

Hurst is/was one of the best free agent signings of the recent era. I give a lot of credit to the pro personnel department for identifying the player. He ended up playing a much bigger role than he was brought in for. If he is done, thanks and good luck going forward.

It was being reported this morning that Saints already knew that James Hurst was going retire shortly after season ended. This is something Kat Terrell had tweeted. They just so happened to make it official today for some unknown reason. If this is true why did Loomis & James Hurst wait till day before draft to announce it? Makes not one bit of sense.

Mickey is good at finding the UFDAs. They will need to land one or two there.

Give Kubiak what he wants, like Brock Bowers or the tackle pick. I would love to see the Saints run two-tight end sets, the most indefensible yet underutilized scheme, forever.

We have Nick Saldiveri and the other guy we signed. But yeah we need to draft three linemen

Weird timing.

We are either desperately locked-in to picking an OL at 14, or we are witnessing the most elaborate, convoluted long game smokescreen plot in the history of the NFL.
Weird is the right word. Why announce this the day before the draft? He could have told the Saints but wait with the teary goodbye letter.

Weird is the right word. Why announce this the day before the draft? He could have told the Saints but wait with the teary goodbye letter.

Unless of course he was specifically told by the Saints when to announce it, for maximum impact.

U9a7anV.gif

Last edited:
I watched his press conference yesterday.
He and the Saints have known about this for some time now.
As Geezy said, this has to have been a strategic move by the Saints in announcing it.

Also, I don't see where they have a choice about signing one of the free agents at this point.
But I'm probably wrong as I only have a thought process and they have all of the info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom