James Hurst retires (1 Viewer)

Nick Saldiveri, come on down. He’s sort of the same player — offers G/OT versatility and probably not magnificent at either. Hopefully he’s ready so we don’t HAVE to focus on guard in the draft.
Saldiveri I thought would be an immediate starter based off our history in picking mid round lineman and he did not sniff the field, he has to start this year along with Penning to make this work or we really only have two immediate starters in Ruiz and McCoy.

Do we sti have Trai Turner under contract? We signed him last year but he got hurt in preseason.

Not that Hurst was great or anything but he was serviceable and played multiple positions.

I’m hoping g we can bring Peat back and sign Becton for RT. Risner would be good at LG.

Do we sti have Trai Turner under contract? We signed him last year but he got hurt in preseason.

Not that Hurst was great or anything but he was serviceable and played multiple positions.

I’m hoping g we can bring Peat back and sign Becton for RT. Risner would be good at LG.
Nope, he was on a one year contract. Free agent right now.

Best Remaining Offensive Tackle Free Agents, 2024:

Donovan Smith
A.J. Jackson (Rams assigned second-round tender)
David Bakhtiari
D.J. Humphries
Andrus Peat
Mekhi Becton
Jason Peters
Charles Leno
Geron Christian
Chris Hubbard
Billy Turner
Cameron Ervin
Duane Brown
Riley Reiff
We didn't bring Cam Ervin back after his seller job coming in for Ram last year? That's odd. Carr had success with Ervin in at right tackle. That's too bad.

I always thought Peat's movement was a plus trait. Remember when we used to run screens? He could get down field. Then again, peat and me are both getting old and slow
He could, I'm strictly going off 40 times. The 2021 Vikings didn't have a single player who ran over 5.0 40. Kubiak had been the OC for a while, and so they were dedicated to that scheme. They used high round picks but only two of them turned out good(Rookie LT, 2nd year RT), despite the athleticism...yet that didnt stop them from being good in the ground game or Kirk Cousins in 2021 having easily his best year as a QB.

I'm starting to come around to the minority idea of drafting 2 offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds...I think this is the year to do it. A lot of talent up front. A few years back San Fran drafted 2 offensive line guys in the first and it served them well...

How big of a blow is this to our O-line? Does this ensure our O-line will suck regardless of what happens the rest of the offseason?
Well, I mean, probably. We're going to be relying on rookies and the whatever is left in free agency. It's not ideal short term but if they can add some quality pieces up front the O line could be good in the future. That's how I'm approaching this draft. Just give us some building blocks for the future.

The Saints must have some level of confidence with last year‘s pick Saldiveri.

And it’s possible Peat comes back as well.

Penning, according to the coaches, is looking better, and I wouldn’t doubt if we see him move to RT.

Add a LT with our pick at 14 and things may not be a desperate as it seems on the surface.

My draft this week would include 3 Olinemen.
Up vote because I love the hope...We need Penning and Salvideri to pan out so badly. This may be an indicator that one or both are...

He could, I'm strictly going off 40 times. The 2021 Vikings didn't have a single player who ran over 5.0 40. Kubiak had been the OC for a while, and so they were dedicated to that scheme. They used high round picks but only two of them turned out good(Rookie LT, 2nd year RT), despite the athleticism...yet that didnt stop them from being good in the ground game or Kirk Cousins in 2021 having easily his best year as a QB.

LOL the players know how much of a disaster this upcoming season will be. Who wants to be a part of that if you're almost done playing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom