Reggie is getting his Heisman back (1 Viewer)

If the punishment was justified then, then it's still justified.

Pete Rose still ain't in the Hall of Fame. It's stupid, but it's true.
Well, but it wasn't justified, IMO. And as someone said, the Rose analogy doesn't fit. That being said, I think not letting Pete in the hall of Fame is hurting baseball more than it's hurting Pete.

I am really happy for Reggie. IMHO he deserves to get his trophy for on-field play back considering his violations had nothing to do with on-field play (unlike Pete Rose).

About dang gone time!

That's simply not true. It shouldn't have been taken away in the first place. He was scapegoated. His coach got promoted to the NFL and he knew what was going on.

It was never justified.
Every program has been paying players forever z
From USC to SMU to LSU to Alabama.

Next order of business is to get USC’s 04 BCS championship reinstated.

Reggie filed a defamation lawsuit against the NCAA last year. They never did a proper investigation. Reggie has spoken about this for over a year now openly.

He gave the Heisman back and moved on with his life after they said they wanted it back on a conference call lol.

He decided to set the record straight and clear his name. Nothing to do with NIL at all.

Once he opened pandora box, do the math. Lazy, Terrible investigation, basically gossip, big name and a family situation they moved in a house provided by a friend of the family. Convicted felon want to be sports agents tried to black male and sue the family..etc for money. Complete mess.

Had this been investigated properly from the start and not rushed for publicity and headlines, this would have been a nothing burger.

Once he filed that lawsuit it was just a matter of time. I hope he keeps the case open and burns them all.
Thank you for posting this. I always thought the allegations against Bush were bunk, and the NCAA botching an investigation or exaggerating doesn't surprise me in the least. There has been corruption there for decades.

I love this for Reggie. The only difference today is that the bags are on the table, not under them.

Now Reggie should turnaround and do the right thing ... give the Heisman to Vince.

tenor.gif

"Bush, who won the trophy in 2005, had his award vacated after USC was hit with NCAA sanctions when it was found that Bush and his family received money and gifts during his time with the Trojans from fledgling marketing agents who were hoping to represent the rising football star".

Meanwhile, Pete Carroll jumped ship to the NFL and never faced any kind of backlash or sanctions or nuttin'.
I wouldn't say nuttin'.....I've hated Pete Carroll ever since then so he's had to contend with that.

I love this for Reggie. The only difference today is that the bags are on the table, not under them.

Now Reggie should turnaround and do the right thing ... give the Heisman to Vince.

tenor.gif
To Vince? Hell naw.

Remember his first ever return for a touchdown when we were playing Tampa?

RE-GGIE! RE-GGIE! RE-GGIE!!

Man, that was ELECTRIC. The Dome was rockin!
I also remember flags being thrown but were either on the kicking team or they were picked up. It also was his first overall TD and was later in the season I believe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom