Jamaal Williams (1 Viewer)

Why would there not be a space for Williams when we are going to be a run heavy play action passing team, Williams is good in short yardage and can spell Kamara and Miller as we are a more potent attack when we can keep fresh legs in the backfield.

I understand the OL had issues, but why did Alvin Kamara and Kendre Miller at least look like competent NFL running backs behind it?

Do you guys not realize how bad you have to be to average 2.9 ypc at this level?
Cus Jamaal in the game means its a SURE RUN PLAY the other 2 are pass catching options they didnt seem to use him out of the back field

Cus Jamaal in the game means its a SURE RUN PLAY the other 2 are pass catching options they didnt seem to use him out of the back field

But I was just told he was useful because he was so great in pass protection. 🤔

200w.gif

Thats very true also, hes a capable blocker in the back field, its just when he came in we all knew it was a run so what can be done if you dont mix it up?

We will just have to agree to disagree. His poor rushing average, at least to me, was confirmed with my own eyes as being the issues with his running style/ability that I pointed out, not defensive performance-related.

Even the way he carried the ball when first getting handoffs bothered me. He carried the ball like a RB would when you're up by 21 in the fourth quarter on 3rd and 9, just trying to burn clock using dive plays.

I don't really think we are in a place to cut him; financially or roster wise.

He knows the playbook
He knows the system
The run blocking should be improved this year
Kamara is going to be 30 this year
Miller hasn't really produced due to injury

If he can't make it this year, I think the writing is on the wall

I understand the OL had issues, but why did Alvin Kamara and Kendre Miller at least look like competent NFL running backs behind it?

Do you guys not realize how bad you have to be to average 2.9 ypc at this level?
I’ve always said the offensive line is responsible for the running backs first 3 yards. After that it’s on the RB

If he can’t average 3 ypc, our offensive line is trash

I don't really think we are in a place to cut him; financially or roster wise.

He knows the playbook
He knows the system
The run blocking should be improved this year
Kamara is going to be 30 this year
Miller hasn't really produced due to injury

If he can't make it this year, I think the writing is on the wall

He doesn't know our playbook or system, it's brand new to this roster. Yes, I'd hope he would run better behind better blocking, but I don't really think he's a fit schematically. He's one year younger than Kamara.

Kubiak's wide zone scheme is tailor made for Kamara, who has always excelled in outside zone runs, and Miller, who is an excellent one cut runner. Williams, ideally, should see very few touches this season - and I could even see a world where we just eat his guaranteed $$ and move on if an UDFA outperforms him in TC.

We will just have to agree to disagree. His poor rushing average, at least to me, was confirmed with my own eyes as being the issues with his running style/ability that I pointed out, not defensive performance-related.

Even the way he carried the ball when first getting handoffs bothered me. He carried the ball like a RB would when you're up by 21 in the fourth quarter on 3rd and 9, just trying to burn clock using dive plays.
Cest la vie , I think its the situation where hes handed the ball, teams stacked the box often when he entered, and the plays called were almost exclusively runs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom