Jamaal Williams (1 Viewer)

This happens all of the time in the NFL...

1714496162357.png

He was terrible last year and he take a roster spot that can be used by a player who contributes to us winning games!

Thing is you have to look at the cap savings the Saints gained from those players who have dead cap hits.

If the Saints cut Williams now, they actually incur an additional $2.34m cap penalty, so they would lose cap space by cutting him now.

Waiting until after June 1st, they can cut him and not incur any additional cap penalties, however they also would not gain any additional cap space either.

Simply put, it makes no sense to cut him now and little sense to cut him before training camp.

Thing is you have to look at the cap savings the Saints gained from those players who have dead cap hits.

If the Saints cut Williams now, they actually incur an additional $2.34m cap penalty, so they would lose cap space by cutting him now.

Waiting until after June 1st, they can cut him and not incur any additional cap penalties, however they also would not gain any additional cap space either.

Simply put, it makes no sense to cut him now and little sense to cut him before training camp.
It isn't just about money...
Most fans understand teams should not cut players before June 1st if they are under contract...

It is also about the limited roster spots for each team!
Last year he wasn't worth his salary nor his roster spot...

Hate to say it, but I personally don’t care if he’s on the roster or not lol. It felt like he wasn’t on the roster last year.

Kendre Miller did not look competent. He was practically invisible even when he wasn’t injured. The final game of the season he looked okay but he was no better than Jamaal Williams

Not even close. And you know it's not true, you're only posting this because of the flag you planted in the ground on draft day of 2023 when we didn't take Spears. You're sad about it, it's all good. But Kendre showed promise and ran significantly better than Williams.

Even Kamara is not a sure thing at his age. If Miller doesn't perform, our RB situation will be abysmal. I can see Kubiak wanting to make a shocking trade for an established RB.

Wish we could have gotten a look at a healthy Eno Benjamin. I really thought we had something with him. I like the way he runs.

Doesn't seem like we are interested in bringing him back though.

It isn't just about money...
Most fans understand teams should not cut players before June 1st if they are under contract...

It is also about the limited roster spots for each team!
Last year he wasn't worth his salary nor his roster spot...

Teams get 90 roster spots for camp. If the Saints keep Williams on the camp roster, they're not going to miss out on a UDFA signing. If they decide to cut Williams after June 1 and sign a UDFA in his place for camp, that's fine too.

I personally don't think Williams makes the final 53, but I see no harm in keeping him around for camp to see what he may have.

This.

Hopefully with KK as OC, he can employ Williams or Robinson in certain situations better that Pete did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom