Jamaal Williams (1 Viewer)

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
So what is the consensus of Jamaal being on this roster after training camp, or before training camp? I just don't see a slot for him with Kubiak's offense.

So what is the consensus of Jamaal being on this roster after training camp, or before training camp? I just don't see a slot for him with Kubiak's offense.
Stays because it's "cheaper to keep him" but the vision I would have for him as a Mike Bell, power change of pace back. He'd double as injury insurance for Kamara and Miller.

He was hindered by the run blocking last year just as much as the other two, if not more, because he needs it most.

I still believe he will be a post June cut...

He was terrible last year and not worth the money...
His salary is guaranteed and he already earned his roster bonus for the year, they can’t save anything by cutting him. A trade would save money, but the tape from last year doesn’t do him any favors there.

Last edited:
Would like to see him released. Fun guy to have on the team, but was truly one of the least effective runners I have ever seen in a Saints uniform.

Lacks burst, vision, goes down easy on contact, runs stiff and upright…just about everything you DON’T want in a running back.

I think we could do much better.

The o-line, pass or run blocking, was not good at all last season. You can at least say the pass blocking got better the last few games. I wouldn't be mad if Williams was brought back, but I wouldn't be devastated if we cut him. If Miller stays healthy, I think we won't see the 3rd back much.

I understand the OL had issues, but why did Alvin Kamara and Kendre Miller at least look like competent NFL running backs behind it?

Do you guys not realize how bad you have to be to average 2.9 ypc at this level?

A ground pounder. Nothing is gained capwise cutting him.

He will be on the roster because, we dont have anyone else. Beggars cant be choosers. I wouldnt be surprised if we extended him at some point.

Last edited:
I understand the OL had issues, but why did Alvin Kamara and Kendre Miller at least look like competent NFL running backs behind it?

Do you guys not realize how bad you have to be to average 2.9 ypc at this level?
In part because Williams only gets carries in obvious running situations, and ran against a stacked box more often than Miller and Kamara.

Something that is not being discussed in the "fire Williams" posts is how Williams is a phenomenal pass protection back and does a great job with reading blitzes and picking up free blitzers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom