Another drummer appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Nice.

What did you think of snowboarding?

What happened to skate or die, skateboarding is not a crime, and etc? Bills and responsibilities! lol There is a ton of skate parks now all over the world now, and you see parents with their kids skateboarding, which is interesting.

Yeah, I just bought a longboard skateboard from amazon, hopefully no one steals it, when it's delivered. I'm gonna skate the sidewalks at the park. lol

Ringo

I finally hit the skatepark in Wilmington, great place, a few other skaters there all guys ranging from like 20-40, nice fellows and a few were very good skaters....

I'm banged up a bit but it was worth it, after 30 minutes of testing the waters (it's been about 20 years since I've skated anything near vert), i was able to carve the pools/walls fairly well and do decent kick turns at the tops.....the last run I was going to try and grind a lip wall and the board stopped, I kept going and my side and hip are a bit bruised up.....but it was totally worth it, the adrenaline rush is exactly how I remembered. My issue is weight, if I could drop 10-15 get down to 175 or so it would help immensely.....

I finally hit the skatepark in Wilmington, great place, a few other skaters there all guys ranging from like 20-40, nice fellows and a few were very good skaters....

I'm banged up a bit but it was worth it, after 30 minutes of testing the waters (it's been about 20 years since I've skated anything near vert), i was able to carve the pools/walls fairly well and do decent kick turns at the tops.....the last run I was going to try and grind a lip wall and the board stopped, I kept going and my side and hip are a bit bruised up.....but it was totally worth it, the adrenaline rush is exactly how I remembered. My issue is weight, if I could drop 10-15 get down to 175 or so it would help immensely.....

That's crazy. I'm glad you are o.k.. Yeah, everyone needs an escape, or psycho therapy. If you get that from skateboarding, so be it. Be careful though. Dang!

Losing weight would be good for your knees and falling.

I got my longboard skateboard and did some surf skating. It was fun and it doesn't take me to long to get my fill. I'm on the search to find a good skate spot. A long gradual decline would be ideal. Probably hard to find. Parking lots are about the best I can fine right now. Didn't fall once, which is one of my goals. Don't want any injuries. lol

Did some downhill mountain biking and slowly regaining my form from last year. Gonna try a new mountain next year and try some different cross country trails this year. I'm more of cross country mountain biker, but downhill riding is fun, just a little to risky, and it takes a toll on your body.

Not trying to turn any heads on my riding, but just having fun, while minimizing risk. When I see all the body armor, full face helmets, and aggressive bikes, it doesn't make me envy riding black diamond trails. It's more like, I hope you guys know what you are doing out there. lol

Did some downhill mountain biking and slowly regaining my form from last year. Gonna try a new mountain next year and try some different cross country trails this year. I'm more of cross country mountain biker, but downhill riding is fun, just a little to risky, and it takes a toll on your body.

I have a friend who is in his mid 50's that still does the mountain/trail bike races, it's insane, he is good at it but he is always nursing some kind of injury.....

back to the skateboarding, it was kind of weird, some of the movements and feel were just like I remembered and some weren't (especially the frontside grinds), it took me a while to shift my weight quickly enough on the kick turn/grinds but once I got it a few times....no problem....I'll go back in a few weeks....good luck with the long board skate search!!!!!

This guy is psycho!

ElEsteparioSiberiano

Fastest drummer ever?

I've been on a binge of his material on YouTube for this week. Lots of fun. My favorites of his vids is taking great songs from the past, and applying his style to it. There's also the standard Slipknot, Dream Theater, Animals and Leaders, and lots of metal stuff, but the videos below are what I'm there for. is he overplaying? Of course he is, but it's a drummer channel. Go figure.

I've been on a binge of his material on YouTube for this week. Lots of fun. My favorites of his vids is taking great songs from the past, and applying his style to it. There's also the standard Slipknot, Dream Theater, Animals and Leaders, and lots of metal stuff, but the videos below are what I'm there for. is he overplaying? Of course he is, but it's a drummer channel. Go figure.

He definitely is fast. Glad you like his style.

I was blown away by the speed, but I think he lacks feel, but am not even drummer, just my opinion. His drum beats just feel dead to me. He would make a great death metal drummer, or industrial metal drummer. Something like this.

He supposedly joined a band, if my memory sever me right, it's heavy metal arena rock, or whatever category it is.

Found it!

This Kristina girl may not be as fast/strong, but her drums sound great.

Last edited:
I hope you don't listen to this song while driving!!!! lol You will lose your license for sure!

heh... new Dethklok album just came out and I found myself a little heavy on the petal for a few seconds...

here is a couple(3) entries for Gene Hoglan

I absolutely love the drumeo series.

Giving someone that Tool song was really just cruel...too many time signature changes and complicated feels within each signature. Dennis is a great drummer....I actually like what he played in certain parts.

Domino was one of my other favorites. She killed the song and seems super likeable/friendly. She had a lot of fun there.

My most recent discovery is Larnell Lewis. This guy is a MONSTER player and musician. What he did on this video is one of the most impressive musical things I have seen anyone do. This isn't 4 on the floor rock or metal and he murdered it in one take, even hitting fills along with the horns...etc. just amazing.

I absolutely love the drumeo series.

Giving someone that Tool song was really just cruel...too many time signature changes and complicated feels within each signature. Dennis is a great drummer....I actually like what he played in certain parts.

Domino was one of my other favorites. She killed the song and seems super likeable/friendly. She had a lot of fun there.

My most recent discovery is Larnell Lewis. This guy is a MONSTER player and musician. What he did on this video is one of the most impressive musical things I have seen anyone do. This isn't 4 on the floor rock or metal and he murdered it in one take, even hitting fills along with the horns...etc. just amazing.

He is extremely gifted no doubt, but his back ground is jazz.

I would of choose this one for him, if there is a round three.

A bunch of shows on this video here..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom