According to this article, Rattler fell to the 5th rd because of a video of him yelling at his WRs... (1 Viewer)

As far as I’m concerned this is a @non-story”.

What the kid did in HS or how he acted then vs when he got to SC. Does the kid have some sense of entitlement? Probably, many 5 star recruits coming out of HS do. Even Bobby Hebert said he thinks he’s a spoiled brat but that’s just his opinion.

Everyone grows up and matures differently. Supposedly Rattler was much more professional and humble at SC. Maybe he just started to mature a bit or maybe his ego took a hit when he was in Oklahoma and lost the QB battle with Caleb Williams.

Either way I’m pretty sure that we have guys on both sides of the ball like DD and Carr that will guide the young lad. Plus I’m pretty sure falling to the 5th round also humbled him quite a bit. He played behind a horrible offensive line at SC in the SEC and he didn’t do well at the combine. I’m pretty sure that all that stuff contributed to his fall in the draft.

Let me guess, they also found out his teammates didn't show up for his 21st birthday party?

686e8ffb-aa9b-4f98-a5db-6d749db19e2a_text.gif
damn , i cant remember. who was that

I assume this is what this article is referring to??? Sure he didn’t exude the best leadership qualities, but I wouldn’t expect a super competitive high school kid to be that well versed in being a picture perfect model leader. Receiver admitted to dropping at least 3 easy passes and doesn’t want to take responsibility for it🤣

I assume this is what this article is referring to??? Sure he didn’t exude the best leadership qualities, but I wouldn’t expect a super competitive high school kid to be that well versed in being a picture perfect model leader. Receiver admitted to dropping at least 3 easy passes and doesn’t want to take responsibility for it🤣

Sounds like friends just joking around during a meaningless back yard game… Way overblown.

Clickbait, I say.

Rattler fell because of his own “story arc,” so to speak, thus far. Didn’t win enough at his two stops in the college ranks. And he was in quite a crowded, crowded QB class here in 2024.

But I’m looking forward to seeing him in the preseason, perhaps more so than Carr. Wonder if Carr plays in the preseason. I think he needs to!

Last edited:
Lol not a Rattler fan but in his defense....Peyton yelled at his teams in high school... College and the NFL. Brady was always yelling at his teammates. Brees should've yelled more. If you're yelling because they are not doing what they are supposed to do... I have no issues.

...from his high school days...

His own coach at Sc (Beamer) said he didn’t even watch the Netflix show, I doubt that GMs from the entire country all made popcorn and watched the show before the draft. He fell because C Williams took his job. And Rattler didn’t have that Jayden Daniels-like meteoric rising Sr year. That’s how I see it, anyway.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom