The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (2 Viewers)

i purchased a 2019 vw e-golf. why? i have no forking idea, but i did and now i need a charger. going to sift through this thread, but if anyone has suggestions for a portable charger, well yeah.

also, anyone want to buy an '04 subaru forester lol

I've only got experience with Rivian's chargers. IMO you should go check and ask at r/electricvehicles on Reddit. There is a wealth of information on that forum.

I've only got experience with Rivian's chargers. IMO you should go check and ask at r/electricvehicles on Reddit. There is a wealth of information on that forum.
thank you, that is a great sub reddit

The price of a used Tesla 3 is way down. I saw a 3-year old Tesla 3 Performance with 50K miles for 26K.

I can resist anything but temptation
-Oscar Wilde

Not completely EV related but this sure is starting to look deflationary across the auto sector. Seeing similar trends in other sectors as well.

I bought my wife a Camry last week. $4k under sticker and too good of a deal to consider an EV. If the lightning or any of the 100kwh battery EV’s fall far enough in price I will buy for the energy storage.

Not completely EV related but this sure is starting to look deflationary across the auto sector. Seeing similar trends in other sectors as well.

I bought my wife a Camry last week. $4k under sticker and too good of a deal to consider an EV. If the lightning or any of the 100kwh battery EV’s fall far enough in price I will buy for the energy storage.

Yeah, I think dealer inventories are swelling across the board. We bought a new Pacifica in late December and I was really happy with the discount, but I got an email last week touting the same model and trim for an additional $3K off of what I paid . . . and I'm sure there's more there when you negotiate.

Despite today’s reveal, the Rivian R2 isn’t slated for release until 2026.

and

and
That pricepoint for the new Honda Prologue is interesting (particularly with the full tax credit on top).

and

They're building a new factory in Georgia for the R2 and R3. However, to get it out the door in early 2026, Rivian is going to start R2 production in it's Normal, IL plant.

I put a reservation in for an R2, but boy howdy I WANT that R3X.

Anyways, Rivian really nailed this announcement. Everyone was expecting the R2 but absolutely no one new the R3 was coming.

I put a reservation in for an R2, but boy howdy I WANT that R3X.

I really like the look of the R3X, the interior, the paint job, everything. I also really dig the haptic control dials on the steering wheel.

But unfortunately I have no practical usage for a tri-motor vehicle, which is the only option the R3X has. My guess is the regular R3 will be a bit cheaper than the R2, but the R3X will be a bit more than the base cost of the R2 (I think base R2 only has one motor?)

I saw a new Rivian SUV today, white with big black wheels - looked awesome. I think that R2 looks pretty awesome too.

The R3 looks to me a like VW Golf GTI with big wheels. I don’t get this strong response it’s getting.

Sorry if anyone loves it 😘

Last edited:
I saw a new Rivian SUV today, white with big black wheels - looked awesome. I think that R2 looks pretty awesome too.

The R3 looks to me a like VW Golf GTI with big wheels. I don’t get this strong response it’s getting.

Sorry if anyone loves it 😘

I’m not the only one, lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom