Is Bub Means A Fit For The Deebo Samuel Role In The Kubiak Offense? (1 Viewer)

I know the point, but it's irrelevant. We're trying to guess what we may have in this young rook and so we're doing a physical comparison. Physically, he's like Deebo if not a lil better. The question then becomes mental.

And that is the point of this thread. It's not trying to compare a 5th round unproven rookie to a known talent but rather can a player with similar measurables translate that talent to be a fit to run similar plays in a similar system.

This isn't rocket surgery.

And in the words of New Orleans legend Dr. John,

Dis Aint "Brain Salad Surgery" either.

And that is the point of this thread. It's not trying to compare a 5th round unproven rookie to a known talent but rather can a player with similar measurables translate that talent to be a fit to run similar plays in a similar system.

And in the words of New Orleans legend Dr. John,

Dis Aint "Brain Salad Surgery" either.
Don't tell me, I'm on the same page as you.

What I ask is does Debo make the offense or does the offense make Debo?
If the offense is the key then BM has a chance to be good also. It would be great to get a 1000yard receiver in the 5th round! Not saying he will be but it would be nice!

Exactly. A few years ago we saw Kirk Meritt come out and compare himself to Deebo. That experiment didn't last long at all.

More so we've seen players have a good preseason and end up on the waiver wire or practice squad.

So yes the player does has to the make the team first, and then avoid the all-might inactive list.
Man, if Means can just BLOCK as a WR like he says he can, he makes da team as our next TQS! 😂🤣😂

Of his RAS scores, there were THREE that caught my eye:

His arm length: 33 in

Hand size : 10 in!

Gotta love those numbers from a WR!

But I REALLY like his 19 reps on da bench! That number alone is pretty damned good for any WR. But it’s evn more impressive when you have 33in arms!

Dude is STRONG!!! 💪

Are we running the Shanahan offense from his one season there , the Denver offense when Kubiak was there or the one from his time in Minnesota?

From what I understand, Kubiak was recruited in specifically to run the Dolphins’ version of the system.

I'm hesitant to compare any rookie (especially a 5th round pick) to one of the most unique weapons we've seen in the modern game. So instead of comparing him to Deebo Samuel I think it would be more fair to compare him to another rookie, Xavier Leggette. Both guys are big, well built, athletic WRs with only one year of production in college. Both players are seen as limited at this point in terms of polish. They aren't going to walk into the league running a full route tree. Means is a raw deep threat and Leggette is a raw get the ball in his hands and he'll do the rest playmaker.

But what I've thought about Leggette holds true for Bub, if they keep it simple at first and just ask them to do what they do best, they could have an impact. Obviously these two players have different skillsets but the Panthers used a 1st round pick on Leggette. The Saints used a 5th round pick on Means. That seems like a pretty good value I guess. I don't know where Means fits in the offense but I don't know where Leggette would've fit either. I just wanted an athletic playmaker. Hopefully Means is that guy. If he's not then oh well, no harm done. Just another 5th round pick that didn't work out.
I agree.. However I must admit that I do see some Deebo in him. But I am also hesitant to compare him to Deebo. In the other thread where we drafted him, I compared him to Anquan Boldin…. but Deebo did cross my mind.

Man, if Means can just BLOCK as a WR like he says he can, he makes da team as our next TQS! 😂🤣😂

But I REALLY like his 19 reps on da bench! That number alone is pretty damned good for any WR. But it’s evn more impressive when you have 33in arms!

Dude is STRONG!!! 💪

He also squats 500lbs. He jumped off the screen when I was plugging his numbers into my WR spreadsheet. It's why I posted about him back in March as a player to watch.

I agree.. However I must admit that I do see some Deebo in him. But I am also hesitant to compare him to Deebo. In the other thread where we drafted him, I compared him to Anquan Boldin…. but Deebo did cross my mind.

This was the exact comp I had in mind while watching him. One of the most underrated WRs of our time.

A first ballot Hall of Very Good player.

Dude is STRONG!!! 💪
Maann we really fell off with WRs towards of the end of Brees career. Thinking of guys like TQS, Brandon Coleman, Juwan Johnson (whom we had to move to TE) were all underwhelming. And there are plenty of other names whom I can't even think of at this moment.

Other than Olave, it's going to be interesting to see who our starters are and what they are asked to do since we're transitioning to a run-first team. Blocking is going to be important, so we have to see how they hold up in that department.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom