Playoff Gm 3 - #1 Oklahoma City Thunder @ #8 New Orleans Pelicans at 2:30 on TNT. When the Levee Breaks; This is our last call to ball. (1 Viewer)

Not sure I totally agree. You can't have guys that are one-way offense and not even providing that. Jonas is expiring, so we hope for an upgrade there. Ingram isn't able to carry us like he might against other teams/matchups. CJ is wasting minutes, opportunities and cap space. He and Larry really need to go.

Anyway, back to the original thought, if you just replaced CJ with Dyson, the shooting couldn't be worse, and certainly wouldn't be on volume. Then your defense would improve pretty dramatically also.
All I'm saying... Good Team Defense is down to three things... Length, Effort, and Athleticism. Defense IQ is matter of getting experience.

You don't have to build this pseudo identity is that we are a defense first team, because you don't win games scoring zero points. It's impossible to shut down a team in the final 2 minutes.

OKC are super focused offensive minded, but their physical skillset helps them be a good defense.

All I'm saying... Good Team Defense is down to three things... Length, Effort, and Athleticism. Defense IQ is matter of getting experience.

You don't have to build this pseudo identity is that we are a defense first team, because you don't win games scoring zero points. It's impossible to shut down a team in the final 2 minutes.

OKC are super focused offensive minded, but their physical skillset helps them be a good defense.

I get it, and I'm a Shamit fan for the most part. I just don't think CJ is "the offensive end". Would like to see some Hawk/Matt Ryan minutes at this point.

I get it, and I'm a Shamit fan for the most part. I just don't think CJ is "the offensive end". Would like to see some Hawk/Matt Ryan minutes at this point.
CJ has been a short term plug fix for our roster and getting veteran leadership.

He has fulfilled those duty, but it's time to move on. He just at a poorly physical disadvantage as a defender.

Four Pels in the paint and the ONE OKC player gets the rebound...

Happens quite often. We don't have guys who are willing to scramble for the ball. It's always "someone else will get it".

It's like all these problems that we saw all year coming back to haunt us in three games.

The biggest one was never force feeding Hawkins minutes to get him to being playable in the playoffs.

This is glaring when your three biggest salary is unavailable or can't score 25 points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom