I call you out Spencer Rattler (1 Viewer)

There's a lot of hopium being smoked up in here. I'd just love for him to become a solid starter to succeed Carr. Becoming a solid backup is the most realistic expectation.

There's next to 0 chance this guy is better than Mahomes...but we shall see. lol.

The QB competition behind Carr will be one of the low key camp story lines.

You're right that solid backup is the most realistic expectation. But, he is by a pretty far margin the most talented QB this team has drafted since Archie Manning. I'm not saying he is going to be a great or even good starter, but he's probably the first guy we have drafted since Archie that actually has a shot at being a starting QB in the NFL. So, while I know it's unrealistic I'm going to hope the team got incredibly lucky and at least got a Purdy level player.

• 1Hearts
Reactions: LoE
Spencer was hard to evaluate because his oline was TRASH.

The first screen shot is maybe 1-2 seconds after the snap. The second shot is the completed pass.

Dude has 3 offensive lineman on the ground. 2 missed cut blocks terribly and one destroyed on a pass rush. The other two OL clearly beat.

This along with dropped balls was were common in his tape.

He’s a tough SOB that will deliver strikes while taking a hit. You support him with a running game and PA and he’ll make good things happen. He’s an ideal fit for the scheme.

One thing I’ve been adamant about is after watching the 2001 Vikings offense, is how much they attacked w/ in breaking routes and how little we saw Carr win that way.

Both Haener and Rattler will throw darts MOF.

Edit : Pics too Big.

I like that he’s played vs elite talent his entire career. My ears perked up, after they beat Tenn then Clemson back to back. I remember thinking this dude is legit.

There's a lot of hopium being smoked up in here. I'd just love for him to become a solid starter to succeed Carr. Becoming a solid backup is the most realistic expectation.

There's next to 0 chance this guy is better than Mahomes...but we shall see. lol.

The QB competition behind Carr will be one of the low key camp story lines.

I hope you do realize that people are clowning around here. 🤣

The story writes itself for Rattler. He had to wait a historic amount of time between QB selections before his name was called. A historic amount of QBs were taken in the 1st round/top 12, but he wasn't worthy of being selected there. There was a time when he was touted as the next Mahomes/number 1 pick before his fall from grace. Everyone forgot about him as he continued to work hard and prove himself.

He was passed up by our ex-head coach for Nix. Passed up by 2 huge rivals in the Falcons and Vikings (at least in their heads) for MPJ and JJ. Obviously there's Caleb Williams going 1st overall after usurping Rattler years ago. Commanders take LSU Daniels and the Patriots (the team known for stealing Brady late) pass up Rattler as well. Not to mention every other team scared off by a REALITY TV show.

So naturally after realizing all this, I can only come to the conclusion that Rattler will eventually become our starting QB and have a winning record against Penix Jr. and ATL over his career. He will defeat Caleb Williams a few times in the playoffs throughout his career and he'll win us at least 1 Super Bowl.

Something like that.

i'm not saying he's going to be a great starter, what i do know, is in that Senior Bowl game, he was moving the ball up and down the field. when the other 2, didn't do squat. and he earned the SB MVP.
I do see him competing and securing that backup qb spot. for couple seasons.
Hes apparently liked by guys like Jim Nagy/

Pulling for Rattler, hope he's better than I think! https://maxhunter.missouristate.edu/_Files/1560.mp3

Think you can call out Kendre Miller? We passed over a lot of good RB's and have to count on him to bolster an aging Kamara.

Whoever picked Braelon Allen, I officially hate them.
I mean Miller showed enough in the last game to show me that he can be just as good in the league as he was in college. Just stay healthy.

I mean Miller showed enough in the last game to show me that he can be just as good in the league as he was in college. Just stay healthy.
Yeah. But I think we need one more healthy proven veteran on the roster at RB. If Kubiak goes indeed go with a "ground & pound" attack on 1st & 2nd down.

As an OU grad, knowing that Rattler failed miserably there, and didn't necessarily do all that well at South Carolina... I do not hold out much hope for him sticking with the Saints.
Fair criticism right now. At the end of the day, it’s all about winning. Rattler must prove himself like any other fifth-rounder.

Some people are calling you out to be the next Patrick Mahomes.

I'm calling you out be be BETTER.

Do it!
He just needs to be the best version of himself.

• 1Hearts
Reactions: LoE
When was the last time we drafted a potential franchise QB?

I'm excited.

He's a generational talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom