Comedians (1 Viewer)

I have watched many standups. Most lately on Netflix. Just been getting into seeing some in person. I saw Seinfeld in persona couple of years ago. It was awesome experience. In terms of online stand up i would recommend Ron White, Bill Burr, Bert Krisher, and tom papa
i saw seinfeld in '09 (maybe 2010). fantastic show.

Speaking of old school comedians

RIP Jackie Mason

Ed Sullivan pretty much ruined his career. Sullivan mistakenly believed he gave the middle finger to the audience after he closed his act. Mason couldn't get an act for over two years afterwards

From another recent thread, John Mulaney. I truly belly laughed at the bit that was posted in a video about the Salt and Pepper Diner.
He’s coming to Nola in early November. I think playing 5-6 shows. I have tickets for Thursday night. Super excited.

To answer one of your questions, I don't think profanity makes anyone funnier. It does provide context to their personality though so I won't not watch a comedian because he/she curses.

Speaking of old school comedians

RIP Jackie Mason

I was today years old when I found that Jackie Mason did NOT voice the Aardvark on the Pink Panther cartoon
- just a voice actor imitating Jackie Mason
Now I’m doubly 😞

I think Stavros Halkias is really good - he has this combination of extremely quick wit but also warm, sort of friendliness about him. I love his crowd work, it's the best in the game.

NSFW

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom