2024 NFL Draft- Day 3- Rounds 4-7 (3 Viewers)

It's costing teams 2025 3rds to move into the mid/late 4th. I'm glad the FO is showing restraint. There is a ton of talent still available.
Yep, you typically lose a round of value when trading future pics for current picks. It's dumb unless you're a couple specific players away from contending.

Plenty of talent still there. The Saints have shown a lot of restraint this off season. The type of patience to right the ship IMO. We had become reckless.
Still, I think we should have moved up to round 4 using a couple of our 5ths. We've just about missed the chance of getting any near term starter. Looks to me like players at 150 and beyond will be a bunch of JAGs.

Serious question for any NFL historians out there.. the Jacksonville Tigers, er, Jaguars have now selected like 4 or 5 LSU players already.. has there ever been a run in NFL history where a team has selected all (or even most) of it’s players from one school like this ?? Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen .

By the way, my funniest moment from draft Day 1 was the interview with Brian Thomas, Jr.'s parents. The reporter asks the mom, "How far has this family come?" and the mom responds "We came from Baton Rouge, Louisiana."

Then she asks his dad to give her a "Duuuuvaaaal" and he says "what's that? I don't know what that is" with an incredulous look on his face.

Still, I think we should have moved up to round 4 using a couple of our 5ths. We've just about missed the chance of getting any near term starter. Looks to me like players at 150 and beyond will be a bunch of JAGs.
For the reason you state the going rate for 4th rounders is a 2025 3rd. Showing restraint is the right choice. I'd be happy to trade a 5th for a 2025 4th at this point though.

We should sit where we are. We are not a 4th round player away from competing for a title. Next year you'd be rueing the loss of the 3rd rounder used to get this year's 4th rounder.

Dang. 20 picks away and KC takes TE Jared Wiley.

By the way, my funniest moment from draft Day 1 was the interview with Brian Thomas, Jr.'s parents. The reporter asks the mom, "How far has this family come?" and the mom responds "We came from Baton Rouge, Louisiana."

Then she asks his dad to give her a "Duuuuvaaaal" and he says "what's that? I don't know what that is" with an incredulous look on his face.
That reporter asked a stupid question and I loved the mom’s response.

Yep, you typically lose a round of value when trading future pics for current picks. It's dumb unless you're a couple specific players away from contending.
Exactly. A 3rd rounder this year is worth the same as a 3rd next year if you’re not competing this year.

Don’t want to jinx it but not a lot of olinemen coming off the board. We have to draft at least 1 more.

Jones and Mahogany still on the board. But, I honestly don't know much about Christian Jones other than that he played at Texas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom