Ukraine (23 Viewers)

Well Sam is more ready than me.

And I don't know who elected Carl Sagan king.
Carl Sagan was one of the most celebrated, well-liked, respected scientists of the 20th century. His original science and history series, Cosmos, drastically and creatively described and explained various Historical, scientific mysteries, stories of ancient Greek, Roman philosophers, poets, writers from Plato. Socrates, Aristotle, Pythagorus, Ptolemy of Alexandria, Hypatia of late-antiquity Alexandria, Thomas Aquinas, various mythologies and origins behind them. He made learning and understanding science and scientific history fun and interesting.

The 1997 film Contact was dedicated to his memory and as a NASA scientist proposed theories like the "Doomsday Dilemma" so, when he narrates a frightening, terrifying, "what-if" post-apocalytpic nuclear war fallout world and how human extinction could be a real, existential possibility under such a God awful scenario, I would tend to believe his calculations might occur.

Carl Sagan was one of the most celebrated, well-liked, respected scientists of the 20th century. His original science and history series, Cosmos, drastically and creatively described and explained various Historical, scientific mysteries, stories of ancient Greek, Roman philosophers, poets, writers from Plato. Socrates, Aristotle, Pythagorus, Ptolemy of Alexandria, Hypatia of late-antiquity Alexandria, Thomas Aquinas, various mythologies and origins behind them. He made learning and understanding science and scientific history fun and interesting.

The 1997 film Contact was dedicated to his memory and as a NASA scientist proposed theories like the "Doomsday Dilemma" so, when he narrates a frightening, terrifying, "what-if" post-apocalytpic nuclear war fallout world and how human extinction could be a real, existential possibility under such a God awful scenario, I would tend to believe his calculations might occur.
Well, I've never heard of him.

@SamAndreas should definitely be in the next season of Fallout (Amazon TV series). Since they often pay homage to characters from the games, maybe he could be The Survivalist
I got dubbed with the nickname of MacGyver about 40 years ago. It followed me around all over the Northwest for about 30 years before people forgot that TV show.

The thing is I didn't have a TV, I didn't watch that show. Right after MacGyver died out folks started calling me Phil after another TV show I didn't watch. Now you want to dub me with a nickname for another TV show I didn't watch.

The point I'm making here is I'm handsome as hell and you're helping me to prove it here and now.

I'm movie star handsome.

These two Politico articles need to be considered simultaneously. They are kind of in conflict with each other insofar as their narrative of the situation.

I think that the US Administration doesn't actually care if Ukraine attacks Russian oil depots. What they have said about the US complaints has probably been a case of normal messaging. I would expect the US to make statements in the press like they have.

Pretending that there is problem between the US and Ukraine is a way to set up a strategic surprise which will give Ukraine the advantage.

Let's discuss this lying, yes it's lying. It's smart lying and I totally approve of doing it to the hilt. Lying to our press, so that they will pass on those lies to the enemy during times of war to gain an unfair advantage is all the rage.

One could even call it the "art of war." We want our side to have the best liars in the world lying to our press, so that they will pass those lies on to the enemy.

The US secretly sent long-range ATACMS to Ukraine — and Kyiv used them​

The transfer of Army Tactical Missile Systems with a nearly 200-mile range ends a yearslong drama between Washington and Kyiv.

These two Politico articles need to be considered simultaneously. They are kind of in conflict with each other insofar as their narrative of the situation.

I think that the US Administration doesn't actually care if Ukraine attacks Russian oil depots. What they have said about the US complaints has probably been a case of normal messaging. I would expect the US to make statements in the press like they have.

Pretending that there is problem between the US and Ukraine is a way to set up a strategic surprise which will give Ukraine the advantage.

Let's discuss this lying, yes it's lying. It's smart lying and I totally approve of doing it to the hilt. Lying to our press, so that they will pass on those lies to the enemy during times of war to gain an unfair advantage is all the rage.

One could even call it the "art of war." We want our side to have the best liars in the world lying to our press, so that they will pass those lies on to the enemy.

The US secretly sent long-range ATACMS to Ukraine — and Kyiv used them​

The transfer of Army Tactical Missile Systems with a nearly 200-mile range ends a yearslong drama between Washington and Kyiv.

i have to imagine we sent more than the original tranche of 50

UAF had previously had to use sparingly and wait for targets of opportunity and calculate risk of intercept vs success etc.

Hopefully we supplied them with 100s of the cluster munitions along with the single warhead type as so they can be used in conjunction for high value military targets like air fields, munitions storage/logistics storage etc.

and im in total agreement on the misdirection by US Admin. They are smarter than to tip their hand. And i sure hope as things develop, especially from the UAF perspective regarding offensives, they keep quiet. Loose lips sink ships. ;)

Are these like the Russian glide bomb?

they are a more accurate version. Paveway is the "kit" that turns a "dumb bomb" into a smart bomb. They use GPS/Laser designation for targeting.

So they arent as large as the FAB 1500 ( 3000lb ) - Paveway are usually 500lb - but what they give up in explosiveness, they make up for in accuracy. Especially laser guided. You can have a spotter on ground "lighting up" target ( window on a bldg ) with laser, well out of range and put that bomb thru the window.

The other aspect- they also make a "bunker buster" Paveway that can penetrate up to 60 ft or thru up to 6ft of concrete.

But the Paveway 4 is the most recent iteration - so technologically way more advanced. ( also comes with the ability to defend against EW )

I hope UAF are smart enough to start using these weapons in conjunction with each other - in waves if you will. I suspect once f16s arrive, they will really ramp up the action of simultaneous use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom