Heads up…Daniel Jeremiah’s final Mock Draft gonna be unveiled at 7 pm tonight (1 Viewer)

What was nick underhill’s final prediction?
About 6 days ago, Nick did a mock and took Fautanu at 14 with Latham still on the board. They had picked Latham in previous mocks but decided to go with Fautanu due to his versatility to play any position on the line.

Thought of some scenarios:

Given what loomis implied they think anything above #8 is too expensive. They aren’t trading with ATL so you can rule #8 out.

If you decide to trade with CHI for 9 you offer them 14/45 and maybe a 5th for 9/72. That works out on the value chart.

For NYJ you offer something like Nick offered (14/45 for 10/72)

Calling CSP for 12 I’d imagine a couple of 5ths would work.

The 1st and 2nd round pick next year shouldn’t be necessary at all.

1 - Does he really think that Sean Payton will trade down? Would be a first!

2 Personally, I will be P'Oed if we pass on Bowers. Maybe a tackle will help us a little more this upcoming season, but I think Bowers will be great for the next 10 years!
We’re picking middle of the pack … Need HAS to start being considered along with BPA … we have to walk away with two OLs in our first five picks with no trades while hoping Penning and Saldiveri pay off to some degree while probably also bringing back Peat. Sorry to disagree, but with no trades, I might go OL first two picks and then take stabs like WR Luke McCaffery, RB Dylan Laube and QB Michael Pratt in the fifth if we’d get lucky enough for them all to be available. … and Pratt is simple fifth-round crapshoot insurance. … I have hopes for Haener, too

I read reports from combine that Troy Fautanu was flagged medically by several teams which they describing as a degenerative knee issue. This will the player Loomis gravitates to & will end up drafting & could end up being another Ram situation dealing with the knee. I have a feeling Daniel Jermiah's final mock draft could have some merit to it as it being reported that several teams looking to move up for OT's. I have a strong feeling this could really bad for Saints plus I have zero confidence on Loomis or Jeff Ireland. Plus this is a very weak draft. Once Draft gets out of 3rd round or late 4th round, teams going be throwing darts on the board with remaining players. With players getting extra year with covid plus NIL, Underclassman staying in college has weakened the NFL Draft.

1 - Does he really think that Sean Payton will trade down? Would be a first!

2 Personally, I will be P'Oed if we pass on Bowers. Maybe a tackle will help us a little more this upcoming season, but I think Bowers will be great for the next 10 years!
It will be hard to throw to Bowers with Carr on his back. Got to have linemen.

I read reports from combine that Troy Fautanu was flagged medically by several teams which they describing as a degenerative knee issue. This will the player Loomis gravitates to & will end up drafting & could end up being another Ram situation dealing with the knee. I have a feeling Daniel Jermiah's final mock draft could have some merit to it as it being reported that several teams looking to move up for OT's. I have a strong feeling this could really bad for Saints plus I have zero confidence on Loomis or Jeff Ireland. Plus this is a very weak draft. Once Draft gets out of 3rd round or late 4th round, teams going be throwing darts on the board with remaining players. With players getting extra year with covid plus NIL, Underclassman staying in college has weakened the NFL Draft.

This is NOT a weak draft

In fact it’s one of the stronger ones recently

You really think ML will draft a player with a degenerative knee while having Ram on the roster with the same condition? The hate for ML and company brings out the best in some fans.

With DJ's pick, he assumes we are done with Penning at LT. I don't think anyone knows that except the FO. If we go OT in the draft and it's a RT, that indicates that Penning is our LT. If we go LT, then it shows that Penning is moving off LT and probably to RT to take over for Ram.
Not at all. Fautanu has versatility to play LT, RT or either G position.

Jeremiah, before announcing pick 10, mentioned the Saints possibly moving up for a LT.
They could go up with Alt, Fashanu, and Fuaga being the likely directions. I’ve heard some stuff on Alt.

It’s tricky because they feel backed into a corner on OL yet love 14 guys. In other words they feel they can get a very good player at #14. Bowers is the cleanest eval in the draft so if the top 4 tackles are gone it likely means he has fallen. If he has, then is it worth the risk trading up? I know Bowers would be strongly considered even if a top tackle is on the board. If it isn’t clear they love him.

If he’s also gone it means Turner and/or Murphy are there. They would get consideration. Same if a top 3 WR falls.

A dark horse pick might be Penix.

You’ve heard correctly on Fautanu. Saints would be backed into a corner to take him at #14 but I don’t think he’s on the board then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom