Colin Cowherd Picks The Saints To Finish Last In The NFCS - The Herd (1 Viewer)

I can't believe all the hate yall give DA , give him his time to get out from under Payton's crappy draft pic and the way he screw up the team the last 3 yr, yall wanna worship Sean cause he got us a SB ring that wasn't Sean that was Drew Brees and Greg William got us a Ring

I can't believe all the hate yall give DA , give him his time to get out from under Payton's crappy draft pic and the way he screw up the team the last 3 yr, yall wanna worship Sean cause he got us a SB ring that wasn't Sean that was Drew Brees and Greg William got us a Ring
Sean is the most successful coach this franchise has ever had and a probable HOFer.
Part of XLIV is because of Sean.

How did I know that video would be published here. It's his opinion.

Cowherd is a blowhard fishing for clicks. He has a lot of daily airtime to fill and tries to be controversial, so he’s just a hot take machine, usually doing little to no homework.

As for James Skrmetta, he’s the laziest content producer “covering” the Saints. His video format is talking over other peoples’ shows while giving his unfounded opinion over it, which is somehow legal (maybe on the basis of parody?).

Which is all to say that none of these people have any idea what they’re talking about.

Cowherd is a blowhard fishing for clicks. He has a lot of daily airtime to fill and tries to be controversial, so he’s just a hot take machine, usually doing little to no homework.

As for James Skrmetta, he’s the laziest content producer “covering” the Saints. His video format is talking over other peoples’ shows while giving his unfounded opinion over it, which is somehow legal (maybe on the basis of parody?).

Which is all to say that none of these people have any idea what they’re talking about.
Well in the case of Skrmetta at least he's using facts and data content to back up what he is saying, so to that I wouldn't say his opinion is unfounded.

If you don't like the format in which Skrmetta operates, I can understand that. He's not the only one that uses this method on a YouTube channel across many subjects to get their point across while challenging what someone has said. It's a bit different I'll agree. But he has to do some research to back up his points. And to that, it's a stretch to call him lazy while he's working regularly to promote his own channel, whether you like it or not.

From June 2023:

1. Carolina Panthers (P)
New Orleans Saints (P)
Atlanta Falcons
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

What Cowherd said: "This is the hardest one because I don't love anybody. I do think the Panthers and Saints could both make the playoffs because Atlanta and Tampa aren't very good. If you go look at the Saints schedule, Derek Carr is better than the quarterbacks in 15 of those games. I don't trust their coach [Dennis Allen]. I really trust the defense and the coaching staff with Carolina, and I think Bryce Young is more than capable of being inserted in and winning the division. [The] Carolina Panthers [and] New Orleans Saints [will] battle until the last couple of weekends for the division title."

Sean is the most successful coach this franchise has ever had and a probable HOFer.
Part of XLIV is because of Sean.
Saints HOF... Yes
NFL HOF... Not unless he wins a couple more Superbowls in Denver.

He is a very good coach but he had one of the top QB's of this generation and only won 1 Superbowl.

Its the offseason. Walter Thomas made the HoF in his 13 days as a Saint. The black and gold glass are impenetrable to some folk here. But what he is saying, isnt that far off. We have major, major issues with this roster. Its a roster that is old because of cap strategy, 1st round busts......and multiple 1st round busts that we spent on Davenport, and the lack of mid round picks we pee'd away in Loomis Draft Pretzeling. We are a roster of old dudes and low draft picks and UDFAs. If games are won and lost in the trenches, we will be fighting an uphill battle all season. We also have Dennis Allen as a head coach thats going to give the other team a sideline advantage in nearly every game.

I think theres a better chance we finish 3rd than any other spot. But unless Bryce Young completely and miraculously changes the narrative he created last year......as well as overcoming the toxic culture Tepper has created......as well as overcoming the lack of draft picks and talent

Then Carolina in 4th is the easiest projection in the NFCS and maybe the easiest projection in any spot in any division in the NFL.
As stupid as “black and gold” glasses can be, the overblown pessimism is just as stupid.

This team hasn’t won less than 7 games in 20 years. We won 9 games last year, and contrary to popular belief, this year’s schedule is also historically “easy” on paper.

Even if we fall back and win 6-7 games, we still aren’t last in the division (or 27th, 30th, etc. in the league as some of these power rankings say). That’s just dumb. Anything can happen, but there is zero evidence to project that other than the press being blindly dismissive of anything Saints.

Sometimes a team projects to be middle of the road. It’s not always last place or first place.

Yep. This is the same nitwit who said the Saints had ZERO chance in XLIV.
I still remember his rant before the Arizona playoff game that year. He was so sure that “athleticism” would win the day. He gave us zero shot.

We blew them out.

Saints HOF... Yes
NFL HOF... Not unless he wins a couple more Superbowls in Denver.

He is a very good coach but he had one of the top QB's of this generation and only won 1 Superbowl.
He’s getting close to 200. If he gets there, he’s in. Every coach with at least 200 wins is in except one.
Marty S. The one without a Super Bowl.
Heck, even getting to that 180 range will be enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom