Colin Cowherd Picks The Saints To Finish Last In The NFCS - The Herd (2 Viewers)

This. No one is going to put blind faith in Allen (as a handful of posters here have). I have extreme confidence that no matter the talent of the team Allen will bring them down to the level of loser.

Sadly, I’m afraid you’re probably right. Under Allen, our absolute ceiling with a tougher schedule than last year is likely 9 wins that required an abnormal amount of luck, a division title we backed into, and losing a close first round home game.

That’s absolute peak Allen.

Many have written off Carolina as a definite bottom feeder, but they could surprise. They had a good draft and offseason. Bryce Young will have more support and it we’ll see if he is NFL caliber.

I think our schedule sequence will play a big role in our final outcome as I anticipate our offense to start slow as they learn the system and the new offensive line to get in sync. If our schedule is backloaded with our toughest opponents, it could be an ugly year.
His arm strength hurts him...

Many have written off Carolina as a definite bottom feeder, but they could surprise. They had a good draft and offseason. Bryce Young will have more support and it we’ll see if he is NFL caliber.

I think our schedule sequence will play a big role in our final outcome as I anticipate our offense to start slow as they learn the system and the new offensive line to get in sync. If our schedule is backloaded with our toughest opponents, it could be an ugly year.
The owner of the Panthers has killed any hope in Carolina.

It takes zero talent in having a positive attitude, making an effort, being high energy, using good body language and being coachable. I saw some bad character traits from old and younger players as well last season. There were games where the players were just going through the motions with no desire to win so I can see where Cowherd picked us last. I could be wrong but I don't see DA having the ability to get the most effort and protentional from his players.

Teams with good defenses do not finish last, and Allen could be the worst HC in history and he’s still going to field a good defense.

Games will be close. That’s not finishing last place in the NFC South.

Good. I hope all of the experts and talking heads pick the Saints to finish dead last. I'm a fan of the old, "Nobody believes in us. It's us against the world!" motivation. After the past few years I doubt anyone goes out on a limb for the Saints. They've been a trendy dark horse team but that's over. They will have to prove themselves and earn respect.

And if you look around at the division I can understand how the argument that the falcons and Bucs are in a better position to take the NFCS crown. The Panthers? I don't know about all that but who knows. Hopefully the Saints vastly improve with a new OC but I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Good. I hope all of the experts and talking heads pick the Saints to finish dead last. I'm a fan of the old, "Nobody believes in us. It's us against the world!" motivation. After the past few years I doubt anyone goes out on a limb for the Saints. They've been a trendy dark horse team but that's over. They will have to prove themselves and earn respect.

And if you look around at the division I can understand how the argument that the falcons and Bucs are in a better position to take the NFCS crown. The Panthers? I don't know about all that but who knows. Hopefully the Saints vastly improve with a new OC but I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Not to change the subject, but man do I hate hearing that “no one believed in us” stuff. Everyone uses it and it is such a phony motivational tool.

Even the Chiefs were saying it after last year’s SB.

No one believed in you, Patrick Mahomes? Seriously? NO ONE?! 😂

Last edited:

NFL.COM has a power ranking post draft with TB@19, ATL@20, NO@25, and CAR@32. That doesn't exude much confidence in the Panthers improvement over 2023.

Carolina has an incompetent owner in Tampering Tepper with his new puppet front office and an entirely new coaching staff. Young may improve but it doesn't look like he has the skill set to carry the team. They have a few good young players, but they also have plenty of holes in their roster on both sides of the ball.

How does Coward justify his expectations of a Carolina team that only won a total of 2 games and were 0-9 on the road in 2023 to have improved dramatically enough to increase their win total by 7 games which would get them to 9 wins this year and a possible playoff berth?

NFC South Division Opening Odds​

Listed below are the Opening Odds to win the NFC South in the 2024-25 season.

• Atlanta Falcons +100
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +300
  • New Orleans Saints +340
  • Carolina Panthers +1000

These are the latest Vegas odds from just 4 days ago. As of today, FanDuel has the Panthers +1400. The books don't have the utmost faith in the Saints winning division as of today, but they sure don't think the Panthers have a snowballs chance in August of winning the division and the Panthers aren't anywhere close in odds to the other 3 teams in the division. The last over/under has Carolina at 4.5 wins. I can see some improvement this year from the Panthers just considering how bad they sucked last year but I can't see them winning more games than the Saints in 2024.

Last edited:
Not to change the subject, but man do I hate hearing that “no one believed in us” stuff. Everyone uses it and it is such a phony motivational tool.

Even the Chiefs were saying it after last year’s SB.

No one believed in you, Patrick Mahomes? Seriously? NO ONE?! 😂
Yeah it's super trite but it's a tried and true coaching tactic. For all the talk of tuning out the noise, they sure do produce receipts after a victory. Lol before the game it's, "We don't care what anyone outside our locker room thinks. We're just going to play our game." After a big win it's, "Nobody believed we could do it! Everybody doubted us. Guess we showed them!" Well if you were tuning out the noise and only focusing on your business, then how did you know nobody was giving you a chance? Because people love reading about themselves and coaches absolutely love bulletin board material.

It's absolutely absurd when an awesome team like the Chiefs tries to act like they were some plucky Cinderella story though. Not trying to hear that while you're in the middle of a dynasty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom