Odds to make the playoffs in '24 (1 Viewer)

Is he though? I can accept the argument that he's "better than Carr" in that his team has performed marginally better than Carr's team over the last few seasons but I really don't see what others are seeing when they say he's "by far" the best QB in the division. I feel like they're incredibly similar players and I would argue that Cousins has underachieved more based on what he had around him in Minnesota than Carr did with the Raiders. Last year neither team made the playoffs and although Cousins did have to miss a large part of the season, Carr played injured himself.

I'm not in anyway a huge Derek Carr fan or anything but again I'm not seeing this Kirk Cousins blows every other QB in the NFC South away thing like others are.
I think people under estimate Cousins. When’s the last time Carr’s team won 13 games? When’s the last time Carr threw 30 TD’s in a season? 2015, he’s done it once.

Bet you'd have us firmly at +2 wins if we'd drafted you your playmaker though, right? 😂

Wouldn't hurt... that's for sure. And even plus 2 by my personal estimation puts us at 8 or 9 this year.... so possibly still not enough, but at least more entertaining.

I had us at 10 or 11 wins last season (I was suckered again by Vegas)... based on the QBs in the division and a historically weak schedule... If we had 1 or 2 more playmakers last year... we very likely get to one of those win totals....

I have no such expectations this year - The QBs, teams, and weapons in the division are better... The schedule is harder.... and we are basically running it back with an offense that was mediocre at best last year from a personnel standpoint... The only prayer here is that Kubiak is a miracle worker and a rookie OT can fix everything.... I know where my money is going.

You not getting me again Vegas... not this time bastids

Last edited:
Wouldn't hurt... that's for sure. And even plus 2 by my personal estimation puts us at 8 or 9 this year.... so possibly still not enough, but at least more entertaining.
Thinking entertainment is the goal here. Nyuk nyuk.

We'll take dull and effective thank you - it would be a marked improvement on the dull and ineffective of last year.

Highly likely based upon what?
We were one injury in GB away from making the playoffs last year. We've got the 3rd easiest schedule in 2024.
No dominant QB in our division.

Feel like we're more of a 50/50 chance and I'm leaning on the 51% side. The bears having a 56% chance is less believable than us having a 50% chance.

We were one injury in GB away from making the playoffs last year. We've got the 3rd easiest schedule in 2024.
No dominant QB in our division.

Feel like we're more of a 50/50 chance and I'm leaning on the 51% side.
Also we now have an OC that should be able to more effectively use the playmakers we do have. I’m cautiously optimistic about our offense this year.

Considering the Saints strength of schedule last year and not making the playoffs, I don't think the odds this year are to far off. I do like the change we made at offensive coordinator so maybe a 15% higher vantage point from myself. Falcons chances does look a little inflated but I suspect that is from adding Cousins to the roster. He has great stats every year and can get a team into the first round. Not much further after that.

So basically we are a 1 out of 3 shot basically. That tracks since most believe we will be in the 8-9 win range. Steal a win or two and we are in.

I’ll just say that in my opinion with the free agency moves, draft, and coaching changes, I think we are a better team than we were last year. Just have to see how it plays out.
I believe so. I’ve said all along we could actually be a better team and end up with a worse record than last year.

Highly likely based upon what?
Yea. It’s definitely NOT highly likely that we make it this year. Can we, yes? Highly likely? Absolutely not even close.

We were highly likely last year.

Likely losses - Browns, Rams, Eagles, Bucs, Falcons, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Rams

50/50 - Broncos, Chargers, Falcons

Wins - Bucs, Raiders, Giants, Panthers, Panthers, Commanders

So basically we are a 1 out of 3 shot basically. That tracks since most believe we will be in the 8-9 win range. Steal a win or two and we are in.

I’ll just say that in my opinion with the free agency moves, draft, and coaching changes, I think we are a better team than we were last year. Just have to see how it plays out.
Couldn’t agree more that we are a better team this year. Hoping injuries don’t impact us too much and that coaching (as a whole, not just DA) is better.

I'm not going to say anything about our odds, there is no point, we will see what happens.....I've been wanting a change at HC since 2022 and it's not happening, no choice but to hope things somehow get better.....

I think we will be better than the odds against us
Carr was playing very well down the stretch, we have a new OC and some decent new players
Am quite optimistic until proved otherwise

I’d put a few bucks on the Saints to win the South.
I think Cousins is a little overvalued coming off an ACL at his age.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom