2024 Rookie QB stats (1 Viewer)

Are you predicting Carr will get hurt? Spencer is the third QB, so I doubt we see him this year.

Huh? Didn't we pick some other guy last year? I'm not hating on the kid but did the OC say anything about a QB competition behind Carr?
Not that I know of but why would he just a few days after the draft? We will hear about that during camp. Also drafting a qb this year and signing two in free agency tells me that they aren’t just handing the backup spot to Haener. I can promise that he will have to earn it during TC and preseason and he may do that. But there’s definitely a qb competition for backup spot.

Huh? Didn't we pick some other guy last year? I'm not hating on the kid but did the OC say anything about a QB competition behind Carr?
In the day 3 postdraft interview, DA said Rattler and Haener will compete to be the backup behind Carr. Also said that Rattler has potential to develop into a starter.

Since Haener was drafted, DA has mentioned that he loves Haener’s potential and thinks he’s a quality QB. They’re contrasting statements about the two QBs. I think our QB depth is in good hands with both QBs’ potential.

I like the competition. QB is a very difficult position to play. Carr may or may not get it with Kubiak and Haener is inherited. I can't think of a single problem with developing 2 QB's when they are picked later than some of their positives suggest they deserved.

I truly hope they both work out and coaches have a difficult decision.

Remember he did this while having a trash oline. I just watched more game film on him too. We might look back in 4 years and say this was the steal of the draft
Like Russell Wilson, Falling way back in the draft, Turn nothin' into somethin

Also said that Rattler has potential to develop into a starter.
Right after saying he thought Rattler has potential to develop into a starter, Dennis Allen said that they have two guys that have the potential to develop into starters.

It's good that the Saints think both Haener and Rattler have the potential to develop into starters.

Right after saying he thought Rattler has potential to develop into a starter, Dennis Allen said that they have two guys that have the potential to develop into starters.

It's good that the Saints think both Haener and Rattler have the potential to develop into starters.
No, Allen never said that they have two guys that have the potential to develop into starters at any point during his draft recap presser. He only stated that Rattler has potential starter development.

Dennis Allen immediately answered questions about Khristian Boyd and Bub Means right after stating that he thinks Rattler can potentially develop into a starter.

Haener was only mentioned earlier in the presser when DA said both Rattler and Haener have an opportunity to make the roster and compete to be the backup. Allen never mentioned Haener after his response to the Rattler starter question.

Full presser below. Allen’s response to if Rattler can develop into a starter question begins at the 14:56 mark. Haener was never mentioned after that.

Last edited:
Are you predicting Carr will get hurt? Spencer is the third QB, so I doubt we see him this year.
Now now, remember where you are. This is the post-draft, pre-preseason hype period. The time of unfettered hope and unbounded prognostication.

Where every late round lottery pick is the undoubted steal of the draft and the future of his position.

Where every scrub is an undiscovered diamond in the rough, set to break the mould.

And, conveniently, where every existing player on the team, including last year's can't miss steals and diamonds, are casually disregarded, diminished and dismissed. They will step graciously aside for these bright shining new stars, who will lead us into our glorious future...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom