Tomorrow at 4:00 pm eastern is the deadline for the 2024 compensatory free agent period (1 Viewer)

Would love to see Peat back and in dream land Becton signed as well.
I’d like Peat back as well but re-signing our own players doesn’t factor into the formula. But if another team waited to sign him until after the deadline then it’d shaft us on a compensatory pick for him.

Edit: Forgot his contract voided so he was technically released; no compensation if we lose Peat.

Last edited:
I’d like Peat back as well but re-signing our own players doesn’t factor into the formula. But if another team waited to sign him until after the deadline then it’d shaft us on a compensatory pick for him.

Never thought I’d see the day where SR pretty much universally wants Andrus Peat back as a vital cog to our offensive line, but here we are. 😂

Never thought I’d see the day where SR pretty much universally wants Andrus Peat back as a vital cog to our offensive line, but here we are. 😂
Peat on a one year deal is fine. Besides that and it’s a no for me. I don’t think he’ll do well on reach blocks in wide zone.

Right. He is still Peat and will likely repeat.

There's only one team I can think of who would stoop to that level as to deny the Saints a 7th round compensatory pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Peat pulled a Bobby Hebert.

We cut Peat so would it be like signing any other free agent? Meaning he was no longer our player so I wonder if that would factor in to the comp formula.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom