The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

I think this is the worst tire wear I have ever seen during a NASCAR race. Simply horrible!!!!

They all will be running on the rims by the end of stage 3
The ones who knew what they were doing were the ones who finished up front. I mean, Hamlin, MTJ and Brad are the most experienced drivers. Not surprising to see them top 3 in a race like this.

Ty Gibbs led much of the race but ended up burning his stuff up. I love races with strategy where you have to balance speed and aggressiveness.

Conor Zilisch is the freaking truth. 17 year old spanking the field in Nascar Truck qualifying with a track record 2:11 in his first race. I've been hearing his name as the next big thing, and he's got my attention now.

Cup qualifying about to start. Some fascinating stories at COTA.

Bubba looked really good in practice, hopefully he qualifies well. He keeps working on his race craft and i love seeing him doing well on road courses. SVG is looking great in the Cup car, not a surprise. Kudos to Ty Gibbs. He hasn't won yet, but he's consistently driving up in the top 10 every week. The kid is a talent no matter how much hate he gets. Reddick has had a somewhat slow start this season. He's running well enough that I think he'll contend tomorrow.

I just gotta say I'm really impressed with how present Jordan has been as a part owner with Hamlin. When I first heard he was partnering, I thought he'd just be there on race days or be sort of a silent owner, but he seems really plugged in and seeing him at practices and qualifying regularly is pretty cool. I've always been a fan, but I appreciate it even more how involved he's been with 23XI. Would be really cool to see them win a championship at some point.

Kind of a boring race today.
NextGen cars have been pretty boring on road courses for the most part. Xfinity and Trucks were decent. I will say I hate the stage cautions. I'd keep the stage points and ditch the cautions like they did last season.

There was some decent racing in spots, but the coverage is pretty terrible. Fox was pretty bad the whole weekend.

Last edited:
Nascar still trying to walk the line without just saying they got it wrong.

Nascar still trying to walk the line without just saying they got it wrong.

They got it wrong, no doubt. Watched it live and thought they'd re-rack em because it was clear that Hamlin got a good rolling start before the start zone. I've heard some suggest doing the restarts like they used to based on when the flag is thrown rather than a restart zone. I don't think they need to, but they do need to enforce penalties for restarts.

They got it wrong, no doubt. Watched it live and thought they'd re-rack em because it was clear that Hamlin got a good rolling start before the start zone. I've heard some suggest doing the restarts like they used to based on when the flag is thrown rather than a restart zone. I don't think they need to, but they do need to enforce penalties for restarts.

The penalty for a restart violation is a pass-through. If there aren’t enough laps to enforce the pass-through, the penalized driver gets posted to the tail of the lap he’s on.

The scenarios for waiving off a restart are very limited - something has to happen before the leader gets to the second line of the box that renders the restart improper, and they throw it right away. Otherwise the driver with the infraction gets posted for the penalty and has to serve it.

Denny should have been posted for jumping the restart and had to serve a pass-through, but since there weren’t enough laps, he should finish at the tail of the lead lap.

Sawyer said it was a challenge for them because it would be “taking a win away” but then he also said that they officiate every lap the same - which both cannot be true at the same time.

The penalty for a restart violation is a pass-through. If there aren’t enough laps to enforce the pass-through, the penalized driver gets posted to the tail of the lap he’s on.

The scenarios for waiving off a restart are very limited - something has to happen before the leader gets to the second line of the box that renders the restart improper, and they throw it right away. Otherwise the driver with the infraction gets posted for the penalty and has to serve it.

Denny should have been posted for jumping the restart and had to serve a pass-through, but since there weren’t enough laps, he should finish at the tail of the lead lap.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Sawyer said it was a challenge for them because it would be “taking a win away” but then he also said that they officiate every lap the same - which both cannot be true at the same time.
Right. They've talked themselves into a corner. Next time it's gonna be someone else, and they'll get mad if they're penalized when Hamlin didn't, or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom