PFF gives an A+ to Saints 2024 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

best draft I've seen since 2017
I’m getting 2017 vibes from this class too. We really maximized value at every draft pick all the way through the 7th round. Most of the late round picks have high ceilings. I honestly didn’t see that much value coming that late after our first 2 picks. As mentioned having Ziegler and Mueller as advisors through the end of the draft really paid off for this class.

I’ve tried to find PFF’s ranking for our ‘17 draft immediately after that draft and can’t find it for comparison.

I think the Saints always have a plan and we are just witnesses to those plans.

I agree, they are resetting their cap after the all in years of Drew Brees latter years and drafted with intention to maximize current draft picks and to keep building around current players and draft for the future.

Haener and Rattler are talent guys who can battle it out for post Carr years which maybe sooner than later.
One way to make resetting the cap easier…hit on a young QB with a cheap contract

Welp, we will know how good this draft is.....in 2 - 3 years......

That’s surprising because Kool Aid wasn’t a need and Means was a reach according to their rankings.
You know what I liked about the Means pick? He reminds me of a certain possession receiver we used to have. He wore #12.

Marques Colston

He's that big guy that wins the contested catches. But Means is faster than Colston was.

i wonder if the 25 or so posters here who hate everything the saints do and hate every other coach and player on the team agree

You know what I liked about the Means pick? He reminds me of a certain possession receiver we used to have. He wore #12.

Marques Colston

He's that big guy that wins the contested catches. But Means is faster than Colston was.

I hope Means turns out to be great, but I would pump the brakes a bit here....

I've seen Means listed at between 6'1 and 6'2 and anywhere from 210 - 215.....Colston was 6'4" and 230.....while it might not seem that way.....huge difference.....Colstons agility measurements were incredible for a guy his size.....great route runner, tough after and during the catch, and great hands.....Colston was a rare one.....not fair to Means to compare.....40 time is very overrated....

i wonder if the 25 or so posters here who hate everything the saints do and hate every other coach and player on the team agree
My guess is that the pessimism posse has shifted the line to Facebook, writing “fire Dennis Allen!” under every Saints story posted

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom