New Orleans Saints Select Bub Means: How do you like the pick? (2 Viewers)

New Orleans Saints Select Bibb Means: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 69 32.5%
  • Like it

Votes: 78 36.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters
Really like it!
Means is a big-play threat who averaged 16.5 yards per catch over the past two seasons. He can get off press and threaten vertically. He reaches his top-end speed quickly after the catch. Means also has big hands, a huge catching radius and the body control to adjust while the ball is in the air.
He did well with sub par QB play. Interested to see how he does. He could be special.

If you listen/watch the First Draft podcast, Mel Kiper had been hyping Bub Means all draft season when it came to the receivers. Said his traits are comparable to Michael Thomas’s & Field comped him to Marques Colston. I personally like Mel & i think he & Fields nailed it.

The write ups & size measurables for Means & Mike T are eerily similar. Then you watch his reel & you see it for yourself. He does have comparable traits to Mike T & he does remind you a lot of Marques Colston.

Means has the potential of becoming our next 50/50 ball, combat catching war machine. Man, i think we came up big w/this one. Means was on a team that had one of the worst QB situations in college football, & he still put up numbers. I just cant help it, i see Mike T & Marques Colston in this young fellow. After Fuaga, Bub Means is my favorite pick the 24 draft.

Means has the potential of becoming our next 50/50 ball, combat catching war machine. Man, i think we came up big w/this one. Means was on a team that had one of the worst QB situations in college football, & he still put up numbers. I just cant help it, i see Mike T & Marques Colston in this young fellow. After Fuaga, Bub Means is my favorite pick the 24
The thing I like he has the size to make contested catches, but it sounds like he runs a lot of vertical routes. Carr likes to throw go routes so it sounds like it will be a good fit. We needed a physical guy, but one that can get down field too is a huge plus.

The thing I like he has the size to make contested catches, but it sounds like he runs a lot of vertical routes. Carr likes to throw go routes so it sounds like it will be a good fit. We needed a physical guy, but one that can get down field too is a huge plus.
If you look at DeVante's season with Carr, that's exactly what he likes. A big receiver with a big catch radius that wins 50/50 balls over the top. It's not coincidence that his lone year with Carr was his highest average per catch since he's been in the league.

Means is the exact type of WR our room has been missing since we had a healthy Mike T. & yes, on top of having legit possession receiver traits, Means did run in the 4.4s & jumped nearly 40ins & had a 10in broad. This dude is fast & explosive & it shows on film. On top of his possession receiver profile, Means has so much untapped ability to be a deep threat, too. I know we still have AT Perry, but he kind of plays more like a big bodied finesse WR, than a chain moving 50/50 bully ball possession receiver. Man…im absolutely loving how the new look WR room is shaping up.

Means is the exact type of WR our room has been missing since we had a healthy Mike T. & yes, on top of having legit possession receiver traits, Means did run in the 4.4s & jumped nearly 40ins & had a 10in broad. This dude is fast & explosive & it shows on film. On top of his possession receiver profile, Means has so much untapped ability to be a deep threat, too. I know we still have AT Perry, but he kind of plays more like a big bodied finesse WR, than a chain moving 50/50 bully ball possession receiver. Man…im absolutely loving how the new look WR room is shaping up.
Yep!

At 6’1, 212, he’s damned near built like a RB! 😂

But he’s also pretty athletic, n posted solid numbers at da Combine.

What I like most is his 33in arms n 10 in hands!

It all makes for an athletic but also physical WR who really doesn’t heed lotsa separation to b “open”.

“ Just chunk it n I’ll get it!” 😊

Kiper's Favorite Receiver in the draft:
Means had an interesting college career, as he played cornerback at Tennessee then transferred to Louisiana Tech, where he averaged 19.5 yards on 22 catches in 2021. He finished his career at Pitt, catching 68 passes for 1,122 yards and eight touchdowns over the past two seasons.

At 6-foot-1 and 212 pounds, Means has an intriguing blend of size, strength and speed. He ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash at the combine and had a 39.5-inch vertical leap. He put up solid numbers even with some rough quarterback play. And he has huge hands and long arms. There's a lot to like here for wide receiver coaches.

Projection: Means is likely to be drafted in Round 3, though he might need a little bit of development time before he reaches his potential.
Now I know to many of you Kiper's favorite WR is akin to saying hey this is Guy Fieri's favorite nuclear physicist...

That's a good thought. Getting first downs was something Mike Thomas was good at, but the home run ball wasn't. Hopefully Bub will be good at both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom