Moving to Crestview Florida (1 Viewer)

Pretty much anything, my wife is Filipina so any Asian, seafood, Mexican,

Okay, cool. That makes it easier, my wife is Filipina as well.

Crestview:
Stewby's is pretty good for fried seafood. They offer fried, grilled and blackened. A twist on the normal fried seafood that you would get in LA/MS, is the places down here offer Grouper, Mahi Mahi, Triggerfish, etc. My wife used to like Stewby's, but we go to another location for fried seafood.

Eagle's Next at Blackwater Golf Club. This place is new and I have only been there one time for a coworker's promotion party. I thought it had a good environment and the food seemed to be good.

Pounder's Hawaiian Grille. Good food, extremely popular and great portion size. I like their garlic chicken. You could order 2 meat and get all Mac Salad and it's enough for 2 people.

Virtuous Hustle. This is the food counter in the Mobile Gas Station north of I-10. It's next to Burger King and cross from Chic-fi-la. She specializes in Soul Food and Caribbean Food. Her oxtail stew is very popular. The portion size is awesome.

Note: We would drive to Fort Walton Beach or Destin to eat out.

Valparaiso:
Filipino Market/Buffet. The market is open daily and the buffet is 11-2 M-F. The food is good, but basic and it is consistent.

Doc's Oyster Bar. We go here for raw oysters and their fried seafood platter. It's right on Tom's Bayou and overlooks the water from 2-3 different levels. The parking sucks, but you can part at the Catalina Rose and walk down to Doc's.

Niceville:
Wharf 850. Popular, on the water. Lots of options.

The Boathouse. Popular, on the water. Lots of options.
*Charges a 20% service fee. Not as popular after they started charging that.

Locals. Popular, on the water. Lots of options.

Papa's Smokehouse. New and pretty good.

Tradewinds. Popular. We haven't ate there.

Basil and Baxter's. Popular. We haven't ate there.

Fort Walton Beach:

There is no shortage of Thai Restaurants.

NJoy Thai. Take out only, good portion size, decent prices and one of the best in the area.

PhoEva. Best Pho in the area. Portion size is good. Sweet tea is stupid sweet.

Domo Cafe. Everything is good here, sushi, ramen, curry, etc. Very small and very popular. It's busy at lunch and dinner, so go early or slightly later to avoid the rush.

Shalimar:
Thai Me Up. Best sit down Thai food without having to drive to Destin.

Destin:
Way too many restaurants to list. There is such thing as Destin prices. Many of the restaurants have very similar menus. Imagine fish and a sauce on it.

Jasmine Thai. This is the best Thai in the area and we've ate at 10+ Thai restaurants. They are consistenent, use good ingredients, good portions and Destin prices.

There is a Filipino Food Truck in Crestview and another down in Shalimar next to the Waffle House in the Food Truck park.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Okay, cool. That makes it easier, my wife is Filipina as well.

Crestview:
Stewby's is pretty good for fried seafood. They offer fried, grilled and blackened. A twist on the normal fried seafood that you would get in LA/MS, is the places down here offer Grouper, Mahi Mahi, Triggerfish, etc. My wife used to like Stewby's, but we go to another location for fried seafood.

Eagle's Next at Blackwater Golf Club. This place is new and I have only been there one time for a coworker's promotion party. I thought it had a good environment and the food seemed to be good.

Pounder's Hawaiian Grille. Good food, extremely popular and great portion size. I like their garlic chicken. You could order 2 meat and get all Mac Salad and it's enough for 2 people.

Virtuous Hustle. This is the food counter in the Mobile Gas Station north of I-10. It's next to Burger King and cross from Chic-fi-la. She specializes in Soul Food and Caribbean Food. Her oxtail stew is very popular. The portion size is awesome.

Note: We would drive to Fort Walton Beach or Destin to eat out.

Valparaiso:
Filipino Market/Buffet. The market is open daily and the buffet is 11-2 M-F. The food is good, but basic and it is consistent.

Doc's Oyster Bar. We go here for raw oysters and their fried seafood platter. It's right on Tom's Bayou and overlooks the water from 2-3 different levels. The parking sucks, but you can part at the Catalina Rose and walk down to Doc's.

Niceville:
Wharf 850. Popular, on the water. Lots of options.

The Boathouse. Popular, on the water. Lots of options.
*Charges a 20% service fee. Not as popular after they started charging that.

Locals. Popular, on the water. Lots of options.

Papa's Smokehouse. New and pretty good.

Tradewinds. Popular. We haven't ate there.

Basil and Baxter's. Popular. We haven't ate there.

Fort Walton Beach:

There is no shortage of Thai Restaurants.

NJoy Thai. Take out only, good portion size, decent prices and one of the best in the area.

PhoEva. Best Pho in the area. Portion size is good. Sweet tea is stupid sweet.

Domo Cafe. Everything is good here, sushi, ramen, curry, etc. Very small and very popular. It's busy at lunch and dinner, so go early or slightly later to avoid the rush.

Shalimar:
Thai Me Up. Best sit down Thai food without having to drive to Destin.

Destin:
Way too many restaurants to list. There is such thing as Destin prices. Many of the restaurants have very similar menus. Imagine fish and a sauce on it.

Jasmine Thai. This is the best Thai in the area and we've ate at 10+ Thai restaurants. They are consistenent, use good ingredients, good portions and Destin prices.

There is a Filipino Food Truck in Crestview and another down in Shalimar next to the Waffle House in the Food Truck park.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

It does, I know my wife is excited about the move and being close to the beach.

QUOTE="Snakehead, post: 9549584, member: 12065"]
I surf fish for pompano so I'm on the beach quite often.

Where are you living at now?
[/QUOTE]

I live in Shalimar. It's a town tucked between Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach and the Choctawhatchee Bay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom