Grade the 2024 Saints Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Grade the Saints 2024 Draft Class

• A+

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • A

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • A-

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • B+

Votes: 28 16.5%
  • B

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • B-

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • C+

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • C

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • C-

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
My first take on grabbing a QB was that we missed on a chance to address other immediate impact areas with taking Rattler, who might always be a backup. Could he prove me wrong and end up as our starter in 2-3 years? I’m sure it’s possible. I guess the value for the pick was pretty good, so I’m not mad about it in that way. Overall, it evens out so we will see.
That's a fair point and I thought the same in that first minute or two. But then when you look back at it, who would we have drafted at 150 who wasn't then available at 170? Ainias Smith? Jeremiah Trotter? Christian Jones? Jamari Thrash? Mo Kamara? Those would have addressed a 'need' position earlier and may have been decent picks, but none of those, ignoring the current team gaps/needs/wants, really measure up in terms of potential value of Rattler who, from what I read, is someone viewed as having the ability to start at QB given the right situation.

He wasn't the player graded in that group between 60-90 who I would have chosen to be available at 150, but there you go - pick BPA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom