Am I the only one who didn’t bother watching the draft? (2 Viewers)

This year I fired up the Bootleg draft coverage and had it going in the background. The only pick I caught "live" was Fuaga.

I watch it . I look forward to it every year. It is like Christmas morning to me.

I didn't watch it but it didn't have anything to do with my enthusiasm about the Saints. They simply lost me when they went to primetime. They had this perfect thing that happened in the Spring. This one glorious weekend that you could look forward to and grill some food or whatever. It was perfect. I have some many fond memories of draft days in the Spring.

But I was a young man then. No wife. No kids. So I could just sit around and geek out on the draft. I still love the draft process I guess. Just don't have much interest in actually watching it.

The “energy vacuum” among the fan base post-Drew and post-Sean is real. And not totally unexpected. Like the characters in the video game-turned-streaming series Fallout, we’ll just have to hope they can survive a post-apocalyptic world and not succumb to all the dangers out there.

I still get excited for the draft to see who we get and where players go, but I don't watch it like I used to. Part of it is so much pre draft coverage and mocks in the weeks before the draft, you can get burnt out on it. Alos with all the info available, a lot has become predictable especially the early picks so its not as exciting. And then with technology its easy to follow without actually watching.

The time of the draft for me is also a factor. I had it on in the background and paid closer attention when the Saints pick came up. Like a lot of others, the move to Thursday/Friday night prime time kills it a bit for me with other obligations going on. I really can't stop and just watch like you could when it was on a Saturday/Sunday. Then by the time the weekend hits, the lower rounds aren't as interesting to me so I just tend to check my phone to see what's happening versus watching it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom