5th year options 2022 draft class (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
After the draft ended yesterday I started thinking about this. It’s a year away but it will be decision time before we know it. Olave and Penning both have 5th year options after this season. Have they shown enough so far for us to pick them up? Do we need to see more? Has their play the past 2 seasons already determined that we won’t pick up their options?

The results of the first two years have been vastly different for them obviously. I believe we pick olave’s 5th year regardless of what happens this season. Even if he has a down year or misses significant time.

The big question is Penning. What does it take from him for the Saints to pick up his 5th year? At this point I don’t believe they can just based off of his potential. If he misses time or can’t get on the field I just don’t see how they can make the call to pick up the 5th year. If he plays most or all of the games, how well does he have to play? I believe if he shows any improvement and can start at tackle all season then we should pick his 5th year up. But if we move him inside to guard or if his play doesnt improve then don’t pick it up. He will be around one more year at that point and we can draft someone or look to free agency.

What’s everyone else’s opinion?

Olave yes!

Penning will depend on his development but probably not unless the switch comes on quick and this new O-line coach can work some magic

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom