Ukraine (11 Viewers)

I've been wondering about the magnitude of this statistic a lot.

There are two reasons land can be lost bit by bit on a consistent basis but see no breakthroughs with a run where a large portion of land will change hands. The first reason is they are being slowly, systematically being beaten by the enemy.

The second reason one might see an emey advancing slowly is they are shaping the battlefield for some reason and need those positions to push off from for a planned offencive.

The third reason is it is one own's side who allow the enemy to move forward a bit, just enough to make the fortifications the enemy has set up for one place to become out of place for a new situation. It causes the enemy to have to pick up and move their land mines.

I've been watching the end segment of Deny's reports where he clicks on the map he is using and it show the lines as they were yesterday, and how they look today. He clicks it back and forth. An ideal tool for looking at that.

I'm now at the end of two weeks of watching this happen, it is about 500 square kilometers area that the Russians have now been tasked by the Ukranians to move their mines and get to work building and modifying their fortifications on.

I'll explain this kind of draw play in warfare another way. Suppose you want to get a long overloaded train rolling down the tracks, what do you do?

You might get away with putting the power selector to forward, and feed it the juice. It might take off and start rolling toward where you want it to go.

It might work out, but it's better and a sure thing to put the power selector in reverse and give it the juice for just a bit. Just a couple feet, the engine backs up and presses the hitch to the first car to cause it to move back a bit. So on and so forth all down the train, each car in turn is moved a tiny bit to take out the slack in say a hundred sets of hitches. Each car moves a bit and it adds up, a few thousands of an inch of slack is removed from between the cars, it might add up to several inches that the length of that train shrinks.

Then one moves the power selector to forward and feeds it all the juice they have to the wheels to go forward. The engine moves forward and that shifts the slack in the hitch to the other end. The engine is now moving and it has the power to get the first car moving where it also pulls out that movement space from the slack in the hitch.

Then the engine and one car is moving and that pulls the slack out of the second hitch, another few thousands of an inch of movement. Another, another, another... . Your on your way.

Sometimes physics requires one to move backward a bit to then be able move forward.

Russians picking up and moving their land mines? Hah, yeah right! Lol.

:D

Sometimes I enjoy watching people. Today I get to watch and laugh at Jay in Kyiv while he outgases Radon.

My dad worked at a Uranium mill. Two of my uncles who served in the Army during World War II, did their wartime service inside of Uranium mines.

A Uranium mine is a hole in the ground where they scoop up material which contains a slightly larger concentration of Uranium than the surrounding soil. They remove the Uranium which otherwise would have been part of the dirt.
Flood a Uranium mine and what you have is a water filled hole in the ground which would have less of a concentration than it would have had before it was mined. Not that anyone would care. Uranium is a very heavy dense material, heavier than lead. It will want to sink to the bottom of a pool of water, rather than rise to the top. Any Gold will wind up on top of it.

Anywhere Uranium mines are, are also likely to places with lots of sandstone. Any county in the US where Uranium mines are, are places where the radioactivity of the dust from a county road gaveled with crushed sandstone will be high enough that the dust from that road would be radioactively hot to a higher degree than any water that might flood into, and then flow out of one of those mines.

It's time to bring up the outgassing of Radon. Radon comes from Uranium, it's water soluble to a high degree. There will be Radon Gas dissolved in the water coming out of those mines. It won't harm you unless you breath it as a gas. Radon gas will be in that water, just as it is in the water in most of the places where the background count of Uranium in the soil is high.

Like here. I pump my well water into a storage tank, it contains a lot of dissolved Radon gas. Because it is stored in a tank for a while before another pump picks it up, presserizes it in a pressure tank. During that period when it is in the unpressurized storage, an average period of about two weeks, that Radon comes out of suspension in the water, turns back into gas, and as a tiny bubble it rises to the top leaves the tank after mixing with the air on the top.

So Jay in Keiv is actually outgassing about Radon gas, not Uranium metal, and not a very serious matter in my book.

Respect. No orc apc would ever go back for wounded, that's for sure...
I'm not sure if the Orc's have any more APC's. For awhile they used Chinese golf carts, but then they ran out of golf carts. As I understand it now they are reduced to walking, using motorcycles, or bicycles.

:D

Sometimes I enjoy watching people. Today I get to watch and laugh at Jay in Kyiv while he outgases Radon.

My dad worked at a Uranium mill. Two of my uncles who served in the Army during World War II, did their wartime service inside of Uranium mines.

A Uranium mine is a hole in the ground where they scoop up material which contains a slightly larger concentration of Uranium than the surrounding soil. They remove the Uranium which otherwise would have been part of the dirt.
Flood a Uranium mine and what you have is a water filled hole in the ground which would have less of a concentration than it would have had before it was mined. Not that anyone would care. Uranium is a very heavy dense material, heavier than lead. It will want to sink to the bottom of a pool of water, rather than rise to the top. Any Gold will wind up on top of it.

Anywhere Uranium mines are, are also likely to places with lots of sandstone. Any county in the US where Uranium mines are, are places where the radioactivity of the dust from a county road gaveled with crushed sandstone will be high enough that the dust from that road would be radioactively hot to a higher degree than any water that might flood into, and then flow out of one of those mines.

It's time to bring up the outgassing of Radon. Radon comes from Uranium, it's water soluble to a high degree. There will be Radon Gas dissolved in the water coming out of those mines. It won't harm you unless you breath it as a gas. Radon gas will be in that water, just as it is in the water in most of the places where the background count of Uranium in the soil is high.

Like here. I pump my well water into a storage tank, it contains a lot of dissolved Radon gas. Because it is stored in a tank for a while before another pump picks it up, presserizes it in a pressure tank. During that period when it is in the unpressurized storage, an average period of about two weeks, that Radon comes out of suspension in the water, turns back into gas, and as a tiny bubble it rises to the top leaves the tank after mixing with the air on the top.

So Jay in Keiv is actually outgassing about Radon gas, not Uranium metal, and not a very serious matter in my book.

You are assuming that Russians actually did things (securing the mine, protecting etc) up to a standard that protects the public.

From articles I've read, the concern is sludge contaminated along with uranium salts leeching into river which is primary water source.

I read the article. They have nothing new to add to the rafts of he's dying stories the Media camped out on a year ago.

This article was egreges about it. They even re-ran the bit about him being in the hospital about to die a year ago when that was debunked story a year ago. He had a relative in that hospital he was visiting.

I'm not sure if the Orc's have any more APC's. For awhile they used Chinese golf carts, but then they ran out of golf carts. As I understand it now they are reduced to walking, using motorcycles, or bicycles.
Seeing a lot of drone hits on motorcycles and guys hiding in destroyed apcs or tanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom