Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (4 Viewers)

Towards the end of that match was clunky and messed up. Asuka is legal yet Kairi trys to pin Jade, then Asuka goes back into the corner and waits to tag back in even though she was legal.
Yeah, I saw that. Probably just a miscommunication more than anything. It happens. I thought the match was fine otherwise. I mean, there were a couple of slightly missed spots, but that's just wrestling.

Yeah, I saw that. Probably just a miscommunication more than anything. It happens. I thought the match was fine otherwise. I mean, there were a couple of slightly missed spots, but that's just wrestling.
I wasn't trying to say the match was bad, it just didn't seem to flow right towards the end.

Did anyone hear how Prime I think is getting sued because it's been found to have a LOT of forever chemicals in it? I thought that would make them pull the sponsorship, but that hasn't happened yet.

Did anyone hear how Prime I think is getting sued because it's been found to have a LOT of forever chemicals in it? I thought that would make them pull the sponsorship, but that hasn't happened yet.
If I am remembering correctly, they have been shown to contain some level of PFAs. Which have also been found in a lot of the trendy mineral water drinks like Topo Chico and La Croix. The ultimate problem is that there is not much that is actually understood or even known about PFAs, including what levels are safe to consume. So far it's mostly just forewarning in the sense of "hey these things are in this stuff, and it might be bad maybe".

FWIW when it came out about Topo Chico, Bubly, La Croix, I stopped drinking them. But I am still very much addicted to Waterloo, which has not been shown to have any. Yet. :hihi:

If I am remembering correctly, they have been shown to contain some level of PFAs. Which have also been found in a lot of the trendy mineral water drinks like Topo Chico and La Croix. The ultimate problem is that there is not much that is actually understood or even known about PFAs, including what levels are safe to consume. So far it's mostly just prohibitive in the sense of "hey these things are in this stuff, and it might be bad maybe".
I'm trying to find the original thing I read, but it said it had a lot, something like 4x the amount one would consume in a lifetime.

I will say this, she has got to get better. Her selling is Omos-level bad, and it is scary to think that this is with her having had 7 months to improve. They need to stop referring to her as a freak athlete, because she is not a particularly fluid athlete at all. She is capable of pulling off some impressive looking spots (like her Jaded spot with Kairi), but they are all strength based. She is not even in the same arena as Bianca's natural athleticism, and I think pairing them has actually hurt Jade by comparison.
I agree she has to get better. She's definitely no Jake Paul who has been pretty amazing in the ring in his limited number of appearances. I think Jade can get there. I agree she does need work.

I'll say I wasn't paying close attention to the misses. The crowed being so into it was actually so much so that I didn't even care that it was a bit sloppy. It was still fun to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
YEESH! Yeah, there is definitely no benefit to them, but what it means as far as overall health isn't really known. Not that I drank them, but I enjoy an occasional energy drink or 4, so I definitely won't be partaking now. Hahaha
I was never going to drink it because it's more expensive then other things. As to not knowing how harmful they are, this is from the article "The allegations against Prime, specifically its grape-flavored drink, follow similar lawsuits and years of scientific evidence showing that PFAS chemicals are highly toxic and can cause a range of health problems in people, including cancer, changes in hormone levels, decreased fertility, liver and thyroid dysfunction and a reduced immune system."

I agree she has to get better. She's definitely no Jake Paul who has been pretty amazing in the ring in his limited number of appearances. I think Jade can get there. I agree she does need work.

I'll say I wasn't paying close attention to the misses. The crowed being so into it was actually so much so that I didn't even care that it was a bit sloppy. It was still fun to me.
I have full confidence that she can get there, but I feel like they maybe didn't understand what they were getting when they signed her. It definitely seems like the Bianca pairing was misguided. But, I think if anyone can get some great matches out of her it is Bianca, so maybe there is some wisdom to it in the long game.

I was never going to drink it because it's more expensive then other things. As to not knowing how harmful they are, this is from the article "The allegations against Prime, specifically its grape-flavored drink, follow similar lawsuits and years of scientific evidence showing that PFAS chemicals are highly toxic and can cause a range of health problems in people, including cancer, changes in hormone levels, decreased fertility, liver and thyroid dysfunction and a reduced immune system."

I'm not saying they are wrong, but PFAs also occur in the air and in environments like the ocean, drinking water and even in fish, and they are used in a ton of products. There hasn't been enough actual research to determine what level they are actually harmful. At extreme levels almost anything can cause a range of health problems, but them printing that is a bit disingenuous. The research isn't there yet. But, it PROBABLY isn't good.

I'm not saying they are wrong, but PFAs also occur in the air and in environments like the ocean, drinking water and even in fish, and they are used in a ton of products. There hasn't been enough actual research to determine what level they are actually harmful. At extreme levels almost anything can cause a range of health problems, but them printing that is a bit disingenuous. The research isn't there yet. But, it PROBABLY isn't good.
That link says this "Because of their widespread use and their persistence in the environment, many PFAS are found in the blood of people and animals all over the world and are present at low levels in a variety of food products and in the environment." and this "There are thousands of PFAS chemicals, and they are found in many different consumer, commercial, and industrial products" So of course they are found in the air and in the ocean and fish and such because we put them there. It's not like they exist in nature, we created them.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
That link says this "Because of their widespread use and their persistence in the environment, many PFAS are found in the blood of people and animals all over the world and are present at low levels in a variety of food products and in the environment." and this "There are thousands of PFAS chemicals, and they are found in many different consumer, commercial, and industrial products" So of course they are found in the air and in the ocean and fish and such because we put them there. It's not like they exist in nature, we created them.
Exactly. We have been using them in some fashion since the 1940s, before we have had any understanding of what they are or how to detect them.

But also from that same link...

What We Don't Fully Understand Yet
  • EPA's researchers and partners across the country are working hard to answer critical questions about PFAS:
    • How to better and more efficiently detect and measure PFAS in our air, water, soil, and fish and wildlife
    • How much people are exposed to PFAS
    • How harmful PFAS are to people and the environment

Exactly. We have been using them in some fashion since the 1940s, before we have had any understanding of what they were or how to detect them.

But also from that same link...
Hasn't the birth rate been dropping for awhile now? That one thing I posted mentioned infertility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom