Jermaine Jackson - Underhills Early Dark Horse For 2024 (2 Viewers)

The Saints do this all the time. Find a UDFS KR and see if they can develop into something more. Shaheed is carving put a weapon role on the offense. The KR rules have changed so teams will carry 2-3 returners. This is how you do that.
Payton and Pete did it all the time, we'll see if Dennis and Kubiak follow suit.

Sheets has a legit shot at the 53 too. He has ST coverage experience. He put up a crazy 76-1187-17 season as a senior. Great size and can make backshoulder-contested catches from what I saw in his highlights. WR6 might be the most interesting position or roster spot battle this year.
I just watched his highlights, and the big thing that stood out to me was that he’s good at jump balls after getting behind slow CBs. I didn’t notice any type of technical proficiency, and the DBs in the NFL are a little more skilled than the competition he went against.

Now I’m not saying that he has no other skill as a WR other than out-running and out-jumping smaller and slower CBs. He may very well not have needed to be more subtle and technical against that level of talent. I just didn’t see anything on that one video that made me think that he has a decent chance of making the team bc I I saw no explosiveness, quick change of direction, or route running acumen. Most importantly, I am a 3rd string/practice squad armchair qb at best, so what do I know…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom