Initial Free Agency and Draft are over, so who starts on the Left Side on the Oline? (2 Viewers)

For Penning all of a sudden to turn it around in Year 3 and become a big-time starter, it’s going to require novenas by everybody on Saints report and a massive coaching job from the Saints staff. He’s a plodder with slow feet.
He’s a massive liability at LT against NFL quality pass rushers. His only chance in my opinion is on inside at Guard.
I’m not a big fan of him.
The negative reps you got for this is uncalled for, this was a great take. Penning might be alright on 1st and 2nd down but when Carr holds the ball to long or they have 3rd and long against a formidable DE he will be in trouble.

The negative reps you got for this is uncalled for, this was a great take. Penning might be alright on 1st and 2nd down but when Carr holds the ball to long or they have 3rd and long against a formidable DE he will be in trouble.
When Penning turns out to be one of our better O linemen this yr ( if Healthy ) I'll be cashing in my receipt for this post

For Penning all of a sudden to turn it around in Year 3 and become a big-time starter, it’s going to require novenas by everybody on Saints report and a massive coaching job from the Saints staff. He’s a plodder with slow feet.
He’s a massive liability at LT against NFL quality pass rushers. His only chance in my opinion is on inside at Guard.
I’m not a big fan of him.
I think it's fair to say that what Penning will be this year is an unknown. Based on what we saw last year he's still got a lot of development to do and none of that is a guarantee, even with health and time. Health and time give him a chance, but that's it.

However, 'plodder' and 'slow feet' are overblown in my view. Certainly these are the least of my concerns - better and consistent sets, better contact balance, better hand usage/ punch, better anchor/ re-direct, better awareness, etc are more important elements he needs to work on. If he improves there his feet are fine. Will he improve? I hope so.

I think if Penning doesn't develop as much as needed we might see Fuaga move to LT and Udoh to RT.

I think if Penning doesn't develop as much as needed we might see Fuaga move to LT and Udoh to RT.
At least for a year until a possibly better LT fit could be found.

With the Texans-Lattimore rumors, I wonder if the Saints are exploring what the Texans might want for Tunsil (it would need to be Lattimore + ?).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom