From James Palmer: Saints tried to get Penix ("It Never Happened") John Hendrix (1 Viewer)

Had we moved up to get Penix, who knows if he would have fit in with the new coach's plans next year. Rather get building block players and let next coach pick his own qb very early next draft.

I don’t believe this report. Very glad we didn’t draft Penix.

He’s an outstanding talent, but given his build and previous injury history, I think he has a great chance of a career vector like RG3. He could have a very short career.

The upside for us is that the Failclowns, by drafting him and blindsiding Cousins while doing so, have brought a lot of mistrust and turmoil to their organization!

Calling BS on this, unless.............., it was a ploy to get Atlanta to take him, which worked.

They must know that Terry Fontenot has a mole in the organization and forced the Falcons to take Penix early.

The Falcons and Panthers are obsessed with our front office and try to one up and mimic us.
If that’s the case I say we called their bluff by trying to move up to get him to force them to waste their pick on him

I’d put money on the Falcons leaking this garbage so it looks like a ‘win’ to their fans who (rightly) aren’t happy with the pick.

I don’t believe for a second we were ever going QB in the 1st. Derek Carr is DA’s QB and given DA is likely fired if we miss the playoffs he’s not going to spend a pick on a player who would be sat on the bench for at least a year. Especially when we have several areas of need.
They might have liked Penix, and they might have looked into trading up, but I agree, DA needs a player to help him win this year. The fact that they passed on taking their top rated defensive player in the draft, whoever that might have been, to take the fourth Tackle off the board tells me they were locked in at that position, and if they did move up it would have just been to be able to choose before a couple of the teams that took one before them.

Of course bc it doesn’t make any sense.
We have holes like Swiss cheese and we will have more holes again next year. Throwing picks away is not the smartest thing to do. Not to mention the cost it would’ve take. “If” there were 3 teams vying to get into the top 10. None of that made sense. Next year is the year we draft a QB. With that being said, I will go ahead and donate my Peterman and Mond jersey today

Mods ya'll can shut this down if ya'll want to. I trust John's sources.

They had interest in the player but fight attempt to go up for him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom