Foo Fighters suck, change my mind. (1 Viewer)

well, Cobain didn't have an extra 20 years to blow all of his his money on heroin, which he most certainly would have done had he not killed himself in 94

well, Cobain didn't have an extra 20 years to blow all of his his money on heroin, which he most certainly would have done had he not killed himself in 94

Not sure your prediction of an alternative ending is accurate, but who knows. He did check himself into a clinic, but also checked himself out to soon. If Kurt did get clean, or semi-clean, he was pretty frugal with his money in the past.

He made Courtney return an expensive Lexus I believe, and he pretty much shopped at thrift stores. He drove a used Volvo. The one major purchase was a fancy home, but I don't think his life style would ever been over his income ever.

He fired a chef, because he made gourmet mac and cheese, not the cheap Kraft kind.

On the other hand, Scott Weiland was from California, and reports of him living a high standard life style, which is probably why he left so much debt.

1704572460789.jpeg

Last edited:
Well of course they sucked. How are 40s and 50s tech gonna compete w Allen tech duh.

This morning I heard Monkey Wrench on the way to work - hearing that opening note right before the furious onslaught of the guitar riff took me back to when The Colour and the Shape first came out. I liked the first album but I knew from reading online (this was the early days of internet message boards) that the whole thing was just Dave's home recorded demos from over the past few years that he decided to produce into an album after the end of Nirvana, playing the instruments himself. Then they toured with a quickly assembled band but it wasn't necessarily a longterm thing.

So when there's a second album, you're wondering if this is really something that's going to last. Then, it comes out and you pop the CD in and . . . Monkey Wrench. Holy sheet what a statement that song was - first track on the critical sophomore album opens like that - kicking the door open - and ends with one of the more "wow" vocal moments of the 90s ("one last thing before I quit . . . still I was always caged but now I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee"). For me, I think it's there with Everlong as my favorite FF song.

I don't really give a crap about whether people think they're overrated, that whole exercise is pretty silly when it comes something that is completely subjective (though sometimes crap is crap). I like them and I think Dave is cool as hell - beyond that I don't need to get involved with where they rank or whatnot. It's music man, nobody is keeping score.

i don't think the Foo Fighters are overrated...i just don't particularly care for most of their music...

to me, they just sound like the inevitability of 90's mainstream rock music...it's uninteresting and mostly unoriginal...

Dave Grohl is a talented dude(see Probot) and a great frontman but the Foo Fighters are a boring amalgamation of every popular rock band before them

Foo’s gear for NOLA charities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom