COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (3 Viewers)

I don't really care if I have to go into the office for a good reason, but I like working at home more (and I feel I'm more effective).

That said, I'm in the office at least once a week, if not more often.

MIAMI (AP) — A Florida family accused of selling a toxic industrial bleach as a fake COVID-19 cure through their online church is on trial this week in Miami.

Mark Grenon, 65, and his sons, 37-year-old Jonathan, 35-year-old Joseph and 29-year-old Jordan, are all charged with conspiring to defraud the United States and deliver misbranded drugs, according to court records.

The Grenons are representing themselves but declined to make opening statements as the trial began Monday, the Miami Herald reported. They have pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors called the Grenons “con men” and “snake-oil salesmen” and said the Bradenton family’s Genesis II Church of Health and Healing sold $1 million worth of their so-called Miracle Mineral Solution. In videos, it was pitched as a purported cure for 95% of known diseases, including COVID-19, Alzheimer’s, autism, brain cancer, HIV/AIDS and multiple sclerosis, prosecutors said.

What the Grenons were selling was actually chlorine dioxide, officials said. When ingested, the solution becomes a bleach that is typically used for such things as treating textiles, industrial water, pulp and paper, according to the Food and Drug Administration. Authorities said it is the same as drinking bleach and can be fatal.

A Miami federal judge ordered the church to stop selling the substance in 2020, but that was ignored.……

So, wouldn't you figure this happens a lot with other viruses, we just don't notice? I.e., no one's testing for flu or cold without symptoms, but I would think the same type of thing would happen there as well.
This is a great observation. It is possible to have the flu without any symptoms.

Has the new COVID booster been released yet? I'm going to be traveling a lot more and want to get any boosters available.

Has the new COVID booster been released yet? I'm going to be traveling a lot more and want to get any boosters available.
I remember reading it could be late Sept/early Oct.

I read Sept/Oct as well but the article mentioned that it would be available for the elderly then. It didn't mention high risk or healthy adults so I'm not sure. I plan to get in line as soon as I know that it's available.

Last year, only certain pharmacies had the updated booster available.

Companies that take that chance will regret it.

Many of them are tied into commercial real estate right now, so they are trying to force employees to suffer because of that.

There is really no good reason to force many employees to come to the office, and companies that adapt to maximizing remote work are going to be more successful going forward.

depends on the work, right?

with that said, i have seen a clear line of delineation for my industry- insurance- over age say 55, they still like to come in and sit, talk and take care of business. Under 40ish, never come in. 40-55 can go either way.

Its pretty stark and recognizable too. I used to get anywhere between 10-15 clients in my office per week pre Covid. Now i may get 1 or 2. They have acclimated to doing business via docusign, email/phone calls and have no interest in driving "x" miles/minutes to purchase/renew etc. If it saves them 30-40 min travel time, they are all for it.

I suspect that in the next 3-5 years, i may see a client in office once every two weeks if that. Why we dont work from home is beyond me. I just had a Zoom meeting with London syndicate Monday along with broker- Broker, and both London reps- at home. I was only one in an office lolol

Covid is still claiming people. A friend of the family is hospitalized and on a ventilator now with it. She is an anti vaxxer and supporter of a certain orange individual that I’ll not name.
We have 4 people at work who missed the last two weeks. It hit them pretty rough,and you probably guessed it.
All of them are unvaccinated.

I heard a coworker today ranting and raving about how the news said that hospitalizations have doubled and she said they are lying to scare us because she knows 2 nurses and they told her that hadn't seen any exta Covid patients.
I had to explain to her that it jumped from like 100 hospitalizations a day to about 200 a day. There are abpout 150 Hospitals in La, so obvisouly any one hospital, especially in smaller places like Thibobaux, wouldn't see some kind of excess in admitting patients for Covid.

I heard a coworker today ranting and raving about how the news said that hospitalizations have doubled and she said they are lying to scare us because she knows 2 nurses and they told her that hadn't seen any exta Covid patients.
I had to explain to her that it jumped from like 100 hospitalizations a day to about 200 a day. There are abpout 150 Hospitals in La, so obvisouly any one hospital, especially in smaller places like Thibobaux, wouldn't see some kind of excess in admitting patients for Covid.
It's amazing how many people "know a nurse". smh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom