Catholic Church Scandal! (1 Viewer)

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I’m surprised this wasn’t posted here recently, but maybe I’m wrong! I read the horrible article last night and heard it being discussed on WWL radio this AMI feel like it belongs on EE and hopefully it won’t become political! Many here likely knew about it, but not the extensive details.

“Nude Pool Parties” - is that wrong exactly? Is there a bible verse that says you can’t?

Frankly, I think some Protestants are projecting their “values” onto others, which I find inappropriate in this day and age.

“Nude Pool Parties” - is that wrong exactly? Is there a bible verse that says you can’t?

Frankly, I think some Protestants are projecting their “values” onto others, which I find inappropriate in this day and age.
I have devout friends. I confronted them on the fact that gluttony is a sin. They are all in the morbid obesity stage.

Excuse 1 was injuries that prevented exercise. When I pointed out that I lost 80#'s by diet alone, excuse 2 came about.

Apparently, gluttony is not when you over eat and destroy your health. It's when you eat so much your neighbor goes hungry...

I have devout friends. I confronted them on the fact that gluttony is a sin. They are all in the morbid obesity stage.

Excuse 1 was injuries that prevented exercise. When I pointed out that I lost 80#'s by diet alone, excuse 2 came about.

Apparently, gluttony is not when you over eat and destroy your health. It's when you eat so much your neighbor goes hungry...
The bible is the world’s biggest chooose your own ending story

I attended Catholic Schools from lower elementary to a few years in college. Both of my children have attended Catholic Schools with my youngest graduating next year. I was an altar boy, confirmed and even married in the Catholic Church. Over the last twenty years I have distanced myself from the Catholic Church and Knights of Columbus. I realized a long time ago that people think that they are putting their Faith in the Church but in reality they are putting their Faith in Man and that is just a recipe for disappointment, betrayal and disaster. I have never lost my Faith, I just changed where I placed it.

I have a good friend who converted from Catholic to Baptist when he got married. He now severs as a Youth Minister since he retired from Law Enforcement. He really does some wonderful things with his Church as well as the youth. We have had some great discussions on this and we do not see eye to eye but we both agree that we each feel strongly about it. Faith is the most personal trait a person can have. It should be respected as much as it is discussed.

. I was an altar boy, confirmed and even married in the Catholic Church. Over the last twenty years I have distanced myself from the Catholic Church

Same same.. Well, kinda.. i didnt get married in a church, but the other stuff i quoted above applies to me as well.. I too am a Recovering Catholic of over 20 years.. I think it’s painfully obvious at this point that it’s more than just “a few bad apples” that make up the Catholic Church at this point, it’s an entire systemic pattern of grossness that infests Catholicism.. and it makes all the “Hollywood pedo” stuff that’s been in the news lately seem like child’s play, pun intended.. The Catholic stuff is way worse.. not to compare two extremely disturbing patterns, but the truth hurts .

The bible is the world’s biggest chooose your own ending story
Which actually exists

71eglXA1eNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I’m surprised this wasn’t posted here recently, but maybe I’m wrong! I read the horrible article last night and heard it being discussed on WWL radio this AMI feel like it belongs on EE and hopefully it won’t become political! Many here likely knew about it, but not the extensive details.

Is it bad that my only reaction was "Another one?"

Heartbreaking. As a lifelong Catholic, one who taught theology in Catholic schools, and who is a former youth minister at a parish, the archdiocese never fails to disappoint in the most disgusting of ways.
I visited the Vatican. There are no holy men running the Catholic church. It's been converted into a gilded palace dedicated to making more money to gild the palace. Poor and sick line the walkways and inside is literally gold plated where they hawk 'blessed' items in the hallways.

I have devout [former] friends. I confronted them on the fact that gluttony is a sin. They are all in the morbid obesity stage.
I took the liberty of fixing your post. Surely your inquiries and advices didn't go over well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom