Carr is not HIM (1 Viewer)

When the defense blitzes 7-8 people the line will never pick it up. Somebody is coming free and the only way you beat it is with a quick pass to space. The reason teams rarely run it and really pick their spots is because it is easy to beat and creates a huge play. The Texans blitzed the house every single time we got in passing down and long distance yesterday. They didn't try to hide it, there was no guessing. They knew we were so incompetent that we couldn't beat it. They literally schemed a defensive gameplan around our incompetent play calling.
I agree that there's a pretty low chance of picking it up, but there's no way that Carr doesn't have some blitz beating audibles that he is bringing into the game with him. I think he likes testing the 1v1 matchups deep, and it was a hot topic during the offseason that he hated when his previous coach told him he needed to read the concept instead of finding the matchup he liked pre-snap.

There is no way that PC or any OC is going into the game with a plan to throw hero balls downfield every time there is a blitz, to your point the blitz gives the offense a chance for some high percentage hot route throws that can turn into big YAC gainers with most of the defense trying to get to the quarterback.

When the defense blitzes 7-8 people the line will never pick it up. Somebody is coming free and the only way you beat it is with a quick pass to space. The reason teams rarely run it and really pick their spots is because it is easy to beat and creates a huge play. The Texans blitzed the house every single time we got in passing down and long distance yesterday. They didn't try to hide it, there was no guessing. They knew we were so incompetent that we couldn't beat it. They literally schemed a defensive gameplan around our incompetent play calling.

Yeah, I am not talking about the overloads and zero blitzes... those are on the play call, and QB/WR combo to make the proper sight adjustment to get the ball out. You are never going to block 7 with 5.... I am talking about the simple 5 and 6 man pressures that were ID'ed pre-snap by Carr.... and we still whiffed.

Yeah, I am not talking about the overloads and zero blitzes... those are on the play call, and QB/WR combo to make the proper sight adjustment to get the ball out. You are never going to block 7 with 5.... I am talking about the simple 5 and 6 man pressures that were ID'ed pre-snap by Carr.... and we still whiffed.
The sight adjustments and hot routes seem non-existent at times, but there are also plenty of examples of us throwing the hero fade when a quick crossing route is open underneath. I really think we have more of a Carr problem than an OC problem, with the Carr problem being heavily influenced by the OL problem.

It's a tough pill to swallow that we signed him to starter money for the next three years, I think @BayouSAINTJoe made a good point when he said this season would be more tolerable if we had Carr on a prove it deal. With the way this season has gone, do you think he would be on track to sign a $150m deal next year if he was a free agent next season?

Anyone else notice that every time they show Carr on the sidelines, he's not looking at a tablet to see the play that just sent him to the bench. I always saw Drew looking to see what he missed on the previous play. Just an observation.

I agree that there's a pretty low chance of picking it up, but there's no way that Carr doesn't have some blitz beating audibles that he is bringing into the game with him. I think he likes testing the 1v1 matchups deep, and it was a hot topic during the offseason that he hated when his previous coach told him he needed to read the concept instead of finding the matchup he liked pre-snap.

There is no way that PC or any OC is going into the game with a plan to throw hero balls downfield every time there is a blitz, to your point the blitz gives the offense a chance for some high percentage hot route throws that can turn into big YAC gainers with most of the defense trying to get to the quarterback.
There is also no way he audibled to hero ball a dozen times yesterday.

There is also no way he audibled to hero ball a dozen times yesterday.
I agree, but he also isn’t using audibles to get out of it, while ignoring underneath routes at times for a shot play.

It’s crazy how much we throw the deep pass despite how bad we’ve been at it. We lead the league in the rate of deep attempts, but are near the bottom of the league in just about every metric on those attempts.

Neither player is anything to write home about. But Carr does seem more of a field general than Dalton. Andy felt like he was just there to not screw it up and played like it. Carr at the very least has pushed the ball. If this Oline ever gets its crap together, this offense may end up being one of the top scoring in the league. We have the pieces & talent. We need the execution and consistency.

Stats tell part of a story. Saints Andy isn’t better than Saints Carr. Many of the people suggesting this wouldn’t elect to put Andy in Carr’s place and pay him that150mil either. Carr has been bad, but Andy would’ve been even worse. He’s completely backup QB level now.

There aren’t many HIMS. Who do you want to go after for our QB?

We can’t ever draft one. And we has Brees too long to grab Stafford or Brady. Who do you realistically go after? How about let your team suck really bad, instead of mediocre bad, and draft high enough to get one. That’s the only option and we are not ever willing to do that.

Neither player is anything to write home about. But Carr does seem more of a field general than Dalton. Andy felt like he was just there to not screw it up and played like it. Carr at the very least has pushed the ball. If this Oline ever gets its crap together, this offense may end up being one of the top scoring in the league. We have the pieces & talent. We need the execution and consistency.

Stats tell part of a story. Saints Andy isn’t better than Saints Carr. Many of the people suggesting this wouldn’t elect to put Andy in Carr’s place and pay him that150mil either. Carr has been bad, but Andy would’ve been even worse. He’s completely backup QB level now.
Yall keep saying Carr is better than X....but I honestly don't see it. Our WRs are better, AK is healthy, our TEs are upgraded...yet things have gotten worse tbh. Only thing that's changed is the QB...doesn't that kinda indicate that maybe we've gotten worse at QB?

Carr is not the problem, the offensive line and the offensive scheme is the problem. Carr is working with what he has and there may be apart of his performance that is based on being in a new environment with new players but he is still one of the better QB's in this league.

Carr lacks composure. He looked sad and angry out there. I really really miss what we had in Drew Brees. I just want to watch his highlights all day.
Carr is a mid-tier QB, but we were sold the idea that he was above average.
Yall keep saying Carr is better than X....but I honestly don't see it. Our WRs are better, AK is healthy, our TEs are upgraded...yet things have gotten worse tbh. Only thing that's changed is the QB...doesn't that kinda indicate that maybe we've gotten worse at QB?
This. He was never elite, like our coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom