WWL Radio Sports - Way-Too- Early Saints 53-Man Roster Projection. How Many Quarterbacks Do You Keep? (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Jeff Nowak of WWL Radio gives his take on a Way-Too-Early Saints 53-Man Roster Projection in the article below. There is a video embedded of Inside Black And Gold where he and Steve Geller discuss a number of things Saints related.

In his breakdown Nowak gets things a bit mixed up as he doesn't list Taysom HIll as a QB even though he's listed as one by both the Saints and the NFL. He does acknowledge that when discussing the TE breakdown of his roster.

With that said he suggests that the Saints will keep 3 QBs in Carr, Haener, and Rattler when in fact he should have included Hill which would be 4 if they choose to go that route.

I think he is keeping one to many offensive linemen and he's short either a RB or a TE or both on his list and maybe one to many defensive linemen.

Overall, not a bad take on the roster projections.

What do you think?

He got things a bit mixed up when he decided to do a “way-too-early” write up. “So-early-it’s-stupid-and-without- merit-whatsoever” 53 man projection would have been better. I would have read it if he used that second title.

Ram likely starts on PUP at a minimum if he does not retire. Do not see them cutting Williams given his contract is fully guaranteed anyway. Wonder if they could deal him for a conditional 7th to someone in need just to get contract off the books (if they decide he is not in their plans).

Not sure I agree with cutting Monty Rice, Dallin Holker, Jammal Williams. I don't think we will see Haener / Rattler both on the active list. One gets cut/redshirt and the other becomes QB3 behind Mond

Mond would be easier to make it to the PS IMO.

I am fairly positive I read somewhere that Mond is a great match for Kubiak style offense, which is why I think he is kept as the #2.

Haener / Rattler are still projects at this point and need to prove their worth. It'll take more than this year to do that.

I am fairly positive I read somewhere that Mond is a great match for Kubiak style offense, which is why I think he is kept as the #2.

Haener / Rattler are still projects at this point and need to prove their worth. It'll take more than this year to do that.
Mond has not shown anything anywhere. He may hang on the PS to help with the system. He would not offer anything more than a rookie on the field in the event of an injury. Hill could fill that role if needed.

Taysom won't count as a gameday QB on the roster... My guess is that Carr and either Spencer/Jake will be 1 and 2 - and the other will be gameday inactive. I personally think Spencer wins that #2 job this offseason.

Carr, Haener, and Rattler. I wouldn’t consider Taysom a QB, even though he will get some snaps there. He’ll probably be used more at FB, HBack, TE, Slot, etc.

Not sure I agree with cutting Monty Rice, Dallin Holker, Jammal Williams. I don't think we will see Haener / Rattler both on the active list. One gets cut/redshirt and the other becomes QB3 behind Mond
I think Carr Rattler and Haener make it. If one of those latter two go to the practice squad it has to be Haener imo as Rattler would get scooped up quickly. I know we always say that about our players and it barely ever happens that way, but I'm certain Rattler would be gone.

No clue about Holker but wouldn't be surprised at all for Rice and Williams to be cut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom