Tyson Foods dumps millions of pounds of toxic pollutants into US rivers and lakes (1 Viewer)

They don't, trickle up works much better and enriched corporations even more. Look what happened when they sent out all that covid money to people, the spent it and it went right to the mega cap bottom lines. They gave people rather small cash payments and when all those people inject it into the economy it runs profits up and prices up, because then the companies know they can raise prices even more and people will pay it.
The head of Starbucks thinks that people are just now running out of that $1,600

1000000781.png

The head of Starbucks thinks that people are just now running out of that $1,600

1000000781.png
No doubt about it. California is feeling the major squeeze right now across the board. Raise the minimum wage, raise the price, lose customers. I'm on the east coast and we are bracing for disappointment. Everyone is talking up the summer business but I think reality will come crashing in and people will pull back.

Of course, it is an election year so who the hell knows what is going to happen......

Did anyone bother to read the study before declaring it false?

True or false, it's irrelevant. A red herring at best.

What you or I do regarding our personal carbon footprint is spitting into the ocean compared to what the Fortune 500 does.

True or false, it's irrelevant. A red herring at best.

What you or I do regarding our personal carbon footprint is spitting into the ocean compared to what the Fortune 500 does.
Again, I would encourage you to actually read the study. It doesn't say what you think it does.

Unfortunately, the fines and bad publicity will be just a drop in the bucket compared to the profits made during the illegal dumping activities. It's all too common to see these huge corporations getting caught doing something dirty or illegal and suffering just small (in the grand scheme of things) monetary fines. It's basically incentivizing wrong doing because it is the most profitable route!

But nothing will change as both political parties are "in bed" with the big corporations. America is nothing but a greedy pig. A dirty, filthy, greedy pig.

No doubt about it. California is feeling the major squeeze right now across the board. Raise the minimum wage, raise the price, lose customers. I'm on the east coast and we are bracing for disappointment. Everyone is talking up the summer business but I think reality will come crashing in and people will pull back.

Of course, it is an election year so who the hell knows what is going to happen......
Raising prices 25% after a -25% wage increase is ridiculous. Prices should have gone up about 7%.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom