Rookie Jersey #'s? (2 Viewers)

I don’t think I need to go into detail about how much more sophisticated and nuanced the NFL game is compared to the college level; I mean we are talking night and day differences not just in terms of game strategy but also in terms of game speed.

Quite honestly, I don’t understand how any of this is even being debated.

I’ll go ahead and let Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes’ expertise speak for me, and put a bow on this.
I'll tell you why it's debatable - your evidence relies on unreliable witnesses, in other words offensive players who have inherent bias on the topic.

Meanwhile, the greatest players in the world got befuddled by some guys not wearing a nice, convenient set of number categories. That's the real reason they didn't read the zone blitz coming in, while their hot route got picked up by the dropping player, who was inconveniently wearing a number from 1-39 :ROFLMAO:

It's ok to disagree, but you've failed to convince those holding an opposing view, so you may need to pop that 'bow' back in it's box.

I'll tell you why it's debatable - your evidence relies on unreliable witnesses, in other words offensive players who have inherent bias on the topic.

Meanwhile, the greatest players in the world got befuddled by some guys not wearing a nice, convenient set of number categories. That's the real reason they didn't read the zone blitz coming in, while their hot route got picked up by the dropping player, who was inconveniently wearing a number from 1-39 :ROFLMAO:

It's ok to disagree, but you've failed to convince those holding an opposing view, so you may need to pop that 'bow' back in it's box.

I am not debating this any further. I understand the issues from my football experiences as well as as an observer, have given you two examples of the greatest QBs of our time literally explaining the issues it creates, and at this point this debate has now delved into the realm of “disagreeing for the sake of disagreement” in my eyes, so I’m out.

I am not debating this any further. I understand the issues from my football experiences as well as as an observer, have given you two examples of the greatest QBs of our time literally explaining the issues it creates, and at this point this debate has now delved into the realm of “disagreeing for the sake of disagreement” in my eyes, so I’m out.
I appreciate your point of view, but I don't find anything compelling in your argument. For all the counter reasons I've provided.

We don't agree. But it's not for the sake of disagreement. It's because we see it differently. And that's fine.

I appreciate your point of view, but I don't find anything compelling in your argument. For all the counter reasons I've provided.

We don't agree. But it's not for the sake of disagreement. It's because we see it differently. And that's fine.

I am just no longer engaging in needless, unwinnable debates with people anymore.

I raised a point about how the new numbering policy makes things a little more difficult for QBs. I was told no that’s not true. I then provide quotes from the greatest QB of our time saying it’s a factor and a pain, and was then told that player is just being a drama queen. I then provided quotes from the current best QB in the league also saying it’s a factor, and now I’m once again being told I’m wrong and that it’s not a problem for QBs.

There is literally no way to win this debate, hence why I am moving on. When the basis of my opponent’s position is essentially “You don’t know what you’re talking about in regards to how this effects QBs and neither does Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes,” I end things.

Have a good day sir.

I like the thought of Rattler wearing 5 --- Mond 2, Haener 3, Carr 4 and Rattler 5
Rattler wore #2 in high school. I could see him pulling the ol’ switcheroo in the preseason once Mond inevitably gets cut.
Before the regular season begins Rattler most likely will have his choice of 2 or 5. Either would keep all QBs in sequence other than Hill at 7.

It's ok to disagree, but you've failed to convince those holding an opposing view, so you may need to pop that 'bow' back in its box.
Relying on jersey #s shows how some QBs have gotten by on not fully studying presnap reads and defensive tendencies on film. Now they have to actually work for execution a little more by studying alignments and who opposing defenders are.

Nothing should be easy for QBs and offensive players anyway. Opening the jersey # ranges up makes the game more competitive if they were legitimately relying on reading jersey #s and not just blowing smoke to the media.

Sorry for summarizing how silly your position is. Won’t happen again.
Try to be more gracious. It's entirely possible to have different viewpoints without descending into personal insults.

Try to be more gracious. It's entirely possible to have different viewpoints without descending into personal insults.

I don’t need a lesson on how to behave on this board. There was no personal insult, I just think your position doesn’t make sense nor does your position allow any winnable path to convince you otherwise. Like literally, there is no way to tell you anything to move you from your position, because reasons. NFL MVPs disagree with you, and it gets blown off as “unreliable witnesses.” 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

But if you want to spin this into some sort of “personal insult” thing because you’re butthurt that I had the audacity to respond to your little quip about not needing me to repeat myself, so be it. Dish it but can’t take it then whine about “personal insults” if you must.

I don’t need a lesson on how to behave on this board. There was no personal insult, I just think your position doesn’t make sense nor does your position allow any winnable path to convince you otherwise. Like literally, there is no way to tell you anything to move you from your position, because reasons. NFL MVPs disagree with you, and it gets blown off as “unreliable witnesses.” 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

But if you want to spin this into some sort of “personal insult” thing because you’re butthurt that I had the audacity to respond to your little quip about not needing me to repeat myself, so be it. Dish it but can’t take it then whine about “personal insults” if you must.
No spin required. I accept that we see things differently. I also accept that either one of us could ultimately be wrong about it, too. We just happen to believe we're right, for the reasons that we've each stated. As a debate, each has failed to convince the other, but that's not a terrible thing.

I think I'd prefer you didn't refer to someone on the other side of a discussion as 'silly' or 'butthurt', but I can see that you don't consider those as personal insults, so I can in turn promise not to be insulted by them. Not an issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom