Karate Kid Sequel (1 Viewer)

I am very excited to see Chozen teach the kids the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

I am also very excited to see the inevitable Battle Royale of Kreese/Silver/Barnes vs. Daniel/Johnny/Chozen.
That assumes Johnny and Chozen don't fight 5 times.

Those two are going to come to blows, or be best friends.

There was a lot of talk last season where people thought Sliver would be torrey's dad. But i don't think the writers are the kind to pull that out of a hat. They did it with the Robey/Johnny and i don't think they will revisit it with Miguels father. either. Eventually they have to have a different storyline than just Karate..

There was a lot of talk last season where people thought Sliver would be torrey's dad. But i don't think the writers are the kind to pull that out of a hat. They did it with the Robey/Johnny and i don't think they will revisit it with Miguels father. either. Eventually they have to have a different storyline than just Karate..

Yeah, I think the Miguel thing will be a storyline for Johnny going find him. I don't think there will be a paternity tie-in.

Did anyone else catch the Rocky Bell (right before the music starts) after Miguel was telling Johnny to be like Rocky 3. I thought that was a nice audio Easter egg.

Why do these kids always take the wrong lesson from their friends, parents, mentors?

Like seriously, when Torey goes back to school, be cool, walk her around to take all the extra eyes off. That's good defense... no be there. Take away her reason to hate you.

I struggled to keep track of it early on this season with everyone switching teams - eventually I just let it go. Final few episodes were high quality.
K, so address this if you would (try to gauge if I should power through)
My issue is Johnny and Hawk are the only substantive characters and it feels like they’re boxing Johnny into some sidekick role when it’s always been his show
And now that they seem to be out of the school ALL of the kids except Hawk don’t know what they doing (both the actors and characters)

I do like the new kid - his performance and story seems like it might go somewhere

Do ANY of the other characters grow?

I enjoyed this fight. For two guys in their mid to late 50's (Macchio is 60 now!), they did a pretty good job and are in good shape.

If you go back and watch the scene with Daniel and Chozen last season, you'll remember why Daniel did that Weird move on Johnnys shoulder and arm trying to hit that pressure point to paralyze his his arm like Chozen did Daniel..
Fast forward to about 1;40 mark...

One 5 second scene from a whole season that is insignificant to the story (so far)'a spoiler? It gives nothing away.

K, so address this if you would (try to gauge if I should power through)
My issue is Johnny and Hawk are the only substantive characters and it feels like they’re boxing Johnny into some sidekick role when it’s always been his show
And now that they seem to be out of the school ALL of the kids except Hawk don’t know what they doing (both the actors and characters)

I do like the new kid - his performance and story seems like it might go somewhere

Do ANY of the other characters grow?

Its the weakest season so far but even so I got sucked in at the final 2-3 episodes. I agree that Johnny's role is somewhat diminished and its becoming a little more like Karate Kid (Daniels story) instead of Cobra Kai (Johnny's story).

The new kid storyline with Daniel's son Anthony is fun and sets up the next generation of kids but agree that most of the OGs are a little played out. Hawk gets a proper story though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom